Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-28-2021, 04:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Need a reasonable Installer in Fort Worth

Hello, everyone! I'm getting the rig and toad ready for flat towing. I've installed all of the components except for the InvisiBrake. I'll be in the Fort Worth area for three weeks and I'm looking for recommendations for a shop to install this supplemental braking system that won't rake me over the coals with high labor rates.
I've looked at a few shops east of Fort Worth and median labor charge is about $1500. I was hoping to spend between $750 and $1000.

I've already purchased the InvisiBrake unit to go in our 2019 Chevy Traverse.
Any thoughts or recommendations will be appreciated.

Ken Finch

https://thefinchnest.wixsite.com/rollthroughourlives
thefinchnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 10:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Vita 24P

I just installed this on a Honda CRV. I understand why the labor cost. Working under the dash is no treat. Good luck on finding an installer.
Old 12-29-2021, 08:51 AM   #3
Site Team

In the DFW area I always recommend NIRVC for all kinds of work. I doubt their rates are anything but high but they seem the most capable.

In San Antonio the go to recommendation is Texas RV Supply. Great people that do really fine work. They do charge $150/hour but they don't seem to pad the hours. You might give them a call just to see what they would charge. I know they are an Invisibrake and Roadmaster dealer/installer. And, they will install a unit you bring to them. I know some places charge extra if you don't purchase from them.

Tags
install