Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-29-2022, 11:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Love my Airtabs

Just finished a 7.5 week, 8,000 mile trip, mostly on interstates. First trip after adding Airtabs. No more worries about getting pushed around by trucks passing. Instead of the big shove followed by the big "suck" back toward the truck, I now have a gentle, often unnoticeable, push and no more sucking action!
Airtabs are inexpensive and easily installed.

I will also put in a plug for the RV Life Trip Wizard. I started planning our trip in January and used the Trip Wizard to easily plan routes and campgrounds for the whole trip.

I also have Safe-T-Plus and Sumo Springs.
tntfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 11:50 AM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntfla View Post
Just finished a 7.5 week, 8,000 mile trip, mostly on interstates. First trip after adding Airtabs. No more worries about getting pushed around by trucks passing. Instead of the big shove followed by the big "suck" back toward the truck, I now have a gentle, often unnoticeable, push and no more sucking action!

I will also put in a plug for the RV Life Trip Wizard. I started planning our trip in January and used the Trip Wizard to easily plan routes and campgrounds for the whole trip.

Can you show a photo of where to installed them?
Old 07-29-2022, 01:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Here is a photo of the side of my MH. Don't know why it turned on the side??
You can also see many examples of applications at Airtab.com
The airtabs go on both sides and across the top. They have a kit for semis that should have plenty for your coach. Measure to be sure. They have great instructions. Very easy install. Didn't have to get on the roof. Just used a ladder at the rear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Airtabs.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	371.5 KB
ID:	183658
Old 07-29-2022, 02:29 PM   #4
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 1.26.42 PM.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	183659  
Old 07-29-2022, 03:44 PM   #5
'21 View 24J

That's great news - did you notice an improvement in fuel consumption?

Thanks,
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 06:35 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

No, I did not see any measurable increase in mileage. But, after reviewing all the info I could find before purchase, I did not expect any. I purchased them because of the effect on truck passing and because they do keep the air from curling around and making the back of the MH filthy. The truck passing effect made it worthwhile for me.
Old 07-30-2022, 06:44 AM   #7
'21 View 24J

Ok, very good to know, thanks.

Yes, I can definitely see how improved handling would be a big factor in making the decision to purchase. Something to think about...

Cheers,
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 06:50 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I put them on our 2003 33V we used to own and they really made a difference just as you described. Even my wife noticed from the passenger seat
Old 08-03-2022, 08:35 PM   #9
1996 Itasca 29Q

Air Tabs

I bought a set of AirTabs but have not installed them yet, mine are white so as to blend in better with my white coach! Good to hear another positive review! They were not very expensive, around $300 Canadian!
Bobn1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 06:15 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntfla View Post

I have used them for several years now. It is so good to hear from someone who knows they do what they are designed to do because of experience. I took a lot of grief when I posted my take on them. I truly hope folks will be more civil toward you.
In my big rig, 40', I found my fatigue level dropped after a long day of driving. I have driven in some very windy areas from norther Washington to San Diego several times, and coast to coast multiple times. Installing the Air Tabs did help to reduce that subtle drag created from the drop in air pressure as that big box pushed its way through and the air displacement in the rear tries to recover. The turbulence is noticeable reduced.

Happy and safe trails.

Rick
Old 08-04-2022, 07:00 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all for relating your experience with Airtabs. I was surprised that in 8,000 miles I did not see another MH or TT with Airtabs.