Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-20-2021, 04:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Flat Towing a Dodge Dakota 4 x 4

I am retiring and will be turning in my company Ram 1500. Looking for a used truck to purchase and the Dakota 4x4 is at the top of my list. I used to own a 2002 and absolutely love that truck. Looking through the Dingy Towing Guide I see the following comments for the 2010 and 2011 years,

Press NEUTRAL button on transfer case for 4 seconds, start engine, shift into REVERSE, release brake pedal for 5 seconds, shift into DRIVE, release brake pedal for 5 seconds, shut engine off, shift into PARK and disconnect negative battery cable.

Does anyone tow a Dakota and if the Negative Bat Cable is disconnected how do you power a braking system on the Truck, need to figure this out before I take the plunge.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hmm, guess no one else likes the Dakota
Old 09-01-2021, 02:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim myers View Post
Hmm, guess no one else likes the Dakota
It’s not that popular of a toad. Plus they haven’t made them for quite a few years. It’s mostly small SUV and lighter weight vehicles that people seem to like.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 03:41 PM   #4
Site Team

Do a wider search online. I'd suggest posting at our sister forum www.irv2.com. There you'll reach a lot of people with all kinds of toads and there is probably going to be someone that tows the Dakota.

Here you're only asking other Winnebago owners - and if none of us tow a Dakota we can't help you. Besides you don't care if it's someone with a Tiffin, Newmar, Country Coach or whatever. As long as they tow a Dakota. Right?

Tags
tow, towing