Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">We are in Lake City, Florida...about 950 miles from home. We started out yesterday morning from Michigan, stopped for the night in Lake City, Tenn and tomorrow we are checking into Fort Wilderness So far everything is going great with Winnie. We love the in motion satellite and she is pulling the minivan on the dolly with no problems. Bed is very comfy with the added mattress padding. I didn't want to get up this morning !! There are lots of RV's heading down there with us, but we were surprised at how many were traveling North on I-75 Don't they know it is snowing back home ?? LOL </span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">We are in Lake City, Florida...about 950 miles from home. We started out yesterday morning from Michigan, stopped for the night in Lake City, Tenn and tomorrow we are checking into Fort Wilderness So far everything is going great with Winnie. We love the in motion satellite and she is pulling the minivan on the dolly with no problems. Bed is very comfy with the added mattress padding. I didn't want to get up this morning !! There are lots of RV's heading down there with us, but we were surprised at how many were traveling North on I-75 Don't they know it is snowing back home ?? LOL </span>

Old 04-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Glad you are enjoying your trip. I am also in Florida at South Beach,FL in 2006 motorcoach class A
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Shan,

We left March 15th, the day before Rochester got a foot of snow! Took the west coast route down Rt 75.

We're currently in Rally Park, Lazy Days, for a couple days. We will slowly pick our way north thru Hilton Head, Asheville, and points north.

Don't want to get home too soon, before the snow melts!

Hope you're having a great time! We are!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:26 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

What you are watching going North is that great migration of snowbirds headed back to their nesting grounds. Most probably would have delayed their departure had they been able to extend their resevation in Florida, or if it wasn't income tax filing time. I know I wish I had, we have a couple inches of snow on the ground and very cold windy weather.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:35 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Sha, say "hello" to us as you pass through Cartersville, Ga on 75. Be carefull, lots of road construction through here. Do the kids know about the destination yet?
Old 04-07-2007, 08:51 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Hi, is it crowded at Disney? My wife and I are planning a trip to Florida from Ca. and are trying to figure out which month.

Have fun with all you're toy's.
Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:15 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Shannone welcome to the Sunshine State. Yes it is that time of the year that the snobirds flock north. Have fun at the "Mouse House". Fakrwee (is that an Indian Tribe? ) the best times to visit Orlando is in December or the summer. There are less people at the attractions those months than an other. The summer months are HOT and HUMID which is why the water rides are popular.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:34 AM   #9

Sounds good...we are going to Disney World in June...staying in a prefered site at Fort Wilderness...cant wait!!

Just FYI...once you dump the tow dolly and tow 4-down, it will be much easier....
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:32 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pusherman:
Shan,

We left March 15th, the day before Rochester got a foot of snow! Took the west coast route down Rt 75.

We're currently in Rally Park, Lazy Days, for a couple days. We will slowly pick our way north thru Hilton Head, Asheville, and points north.

Don't want to get home too soon, before the snow melts!

Hope you're having a great time! We are!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We left just before the snow-ice storm also. But were home now, BRRRRR! Say Hi to Micky for us.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Glad you are enjoying your new coach! Keep the updates coming. Any pictures to share yet?

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">JimandSue60- I tried to upload pictures but am having trouble at the moment with photobucket...connection speed too slow perhaps. Will try again tomorrow !!

FrontRangeRVer- looked into 4 down but didn't want to put any more money into our leased minivan. We will probably buy our next vehicle so we can do 4 down !!

Jon P- We saw lots of backups on Northbound I-75...not looking forward to going home that route The worst back up we had on the way down here was in Dayton Ohio on the first day.
The kids were SO EXCITED when they found out where we were going !! We ended up telling them a couple of days ahead of time so they could check out the brochures and websites. They are overwhelmed- as I am...this place is AWESOME and we haven't even seen 1/2 of the campground yet !!

Homer- I kind of figured most of the people heading north were snowbirds. We played a totally useless game and counted 105 rv's in 45 miles.

Pusherman- So glad to hear you are having fun. I've missed you the last couple of chats I went to.

Everyone else...thank you so much
</span>

Old 04-08-2007, 02:20 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Gotthelf:
Shannone welcome to the Sunshine State. Yes it is that time of the year that the snobirds flock north. Have fun at the "Mouse House". Fakrwee (is that an Indian Tribe? ) the best times to visit Orlando is in December or the summer. There are less people at the attractions those months than an other. The summer months are HOT and HUMID which is why the water rides are popular. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can still hit record crowds at the Mouse House during the summer months near the holidays both the US and Foriegn ones.

I thought I was safe going in July after all the US holidays were over but Disney is also a destination for our Central and South American neighbors too. I hit the weekend when Brazilian, Peruvian and so on and so on tour groups hit the park and it was wall to wall people. While it was great to see all the cultural diversity it was a bit too cramped for the weather.

Durring the Summer months sometimes the best relief is a few jaunts on the Air Conditioned rides such as the Pirites of the Carribean.

Visiting RVrs, make sure you have your SurgeGuard in order too as we are one of the Lightning Strike capitals of the world and our Lightning Storms have brought many a tourist to their knees to pray. When we are in the pattern for it, they will occur daily in the mid to late afternoon.

A disposible rain parker in your hip pocket may not be a bad idea either. The shops run out very quickly durring a sudden downpour.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeilV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Gotthelf:
Shannone welcome to the Sunshine State. Yes it is that time of the year that the snobirds flock north. Have fun at the "Mouse House". Fakrwee (is that an Indian Tribe? ) the best times to visit Orlando is in December or the summer. There are less people at the attractions those months than an other. The summer months are HOT and HUMID which is why the water rides are popular. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can still hit record crowds at the Mouse House during the summer months near the holidays both the US and Foriegn ones.

I thought I was safe going in July after all the US holidays were over but Disney is also a destination for our Central and South American neighbors too. I hit the weekend when Brazilian, Peruvian and so on and so on tour groups hit the park and it was wall to wall people. While it was great to see all the cultural diversity it was a bit too cramped for the weather.

Durring the Summer months sometimes the best relief is a few jaunts on the Air Conditioned rides such as the Pirites of the Carribean.

Visiting RVrs, make sure you have your SurgeGuard in order too as we are one of the Lightning Strike capitals of the world and our Lightning Storms have brought many a tourist to their knees to pray. When we are in the pattern for it, they will occur daily in the mid to late afternoon.

A disposible rain parker in your hip pocket may not be a bad idea either. The shops run out very quickly durring a sudden downpour. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Neil for the GREAT DW tips!!
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote