Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2022, 04:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Excessive rear brake wear 2022 Micro Minnie

I have a micro mini 2022

I have 2018 x5 towing a 2022 micro Winnie
The issue is the back rear breaks are worn down after 500 miles.
This is our 1st trip.
They say usually it’s the front breaks that go down 1st
We have a swag bar and brake controller on the trailer.
We can’t figure out why the break pads went down so fast
Thank you
Susan1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 07:39 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Was your first trip 500 miles? I'm wondering what made you think to check your pads so soon. Was it pure luck with scheduled maintenance?

When you setup the brake controller, you should have done some experiments to figure out what gain setting you should be using. If you haven't done this, just do some searching and you'll find good youtube videos that go through the process. Ideally find one for your brand of controller to make it even easier. If your trailer brakes aren't working, I think you found your answer.

A Micro Minnie is a lot of trailer for a BMW x5. You may also want to consider weighing on a CAT scale. There are good videos that show that process as well, and it only costs $12 or so. There is an active post over in the travel trailer forum right now that shows the process and how to interpret the results: https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ht-364432.html
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake