Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-24-2018, 10:52 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Electric or Surge Brakes on Tow Dolly

A license plate holder would need to mounted. There are many to pick from on amazon.com. Maybe Canada Tire has them.
Example:
https://www.amazon.com/Steel-License...+bracket&psc=1
brican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

I've been traveling the USA without a plate. I never had a problem with a tow dolly
Frankie313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:28 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Electric or Surge Brakes on Tow Dolly

Yes, I've heard and read that proving you're a resident of a state (like AZ) that does not require plates is all you need.
brican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:01 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

We pulled Mini on Acme dolly with surge brakes for 3 winters from Wis. to Fla. No problems. I carried 2 pcs of 2x6 about the width of the ramps. Just drop them at the end on the ground, run the car on or off. Carry them nested into bottom ramp as you stack them on tongue for travel. Safety chains a pain. Turn wheels left, hook onto a arm. Right side same.
Then pull last couple of inches forward. Pull most, not all of the slack out of chains, drop in slot. Straps on. Check straps frequently when new. Buy open box wrench to fit ratchet. Use box end of wrench to pop ratchet tension and hold open to pull strap out when unloading. Practice makes perfect. Acme A+.
2 cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:10 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Oh, forgot to mention, carried a small floor jack and fourway along with spare. If you had a flat, change tire with least hassle. Towed in at least 20 state and canada without any questions about plate. Not required in Wisconsin. Always had all paperwork from Acme with me. Keep that brake lockout pin with you. We bought and carried a 2 wheel tounge dolly to manuver it around in campsites with car off and in my warehouse.
2 cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:11 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

seems to me i read an article that winnebago said not to use the tow dollys with surge brakes , it may loosen the reciever hitch.maybe check your manual on towing,or call winnebago and ask them. i guess because of all the lunging
V&VRVERS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, brakes, tow