Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2021, 05:09 AM   #1
Ducati

cruiser lift

Getting ready to install a cruiser lift on my 2008 Journey, is there anything out of the ordinary to worry about. I've got a certified weld/fab shop that is gonna do the install of the triple receiver hitch. I can handle the rest including the wiring. It will be holding up my 2015 Indian Roadmaster.
Ducati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati View Post
Getting ready to install a cruiser lift on my 2008 Journey, is there anything out of the ordinary to worry about. I've got a certified weld/fab shop that is gonna do the install of the triple receiver hitch. I can handle the rest including the wiring. It will be holding up my 2015 Indian Roadmaster.
Well Sir,
First off, this is a late answer to your thread/inquiry so, I don't know if you're paying attention or not. But, the very first think we need to know is, WHAT IS THE LENGTH OF YOUR JOURNEY? What is the weight of the Indian you're thinking of hanging back there? Do you plan on towing WHILE carrying the bike? What is the weight class of the original hitch, 5,000, 10,000, what? I carried a 2008 Honda GL 1800 Goldwing on the back of our '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the CAT C-7 330HP and we did fine with it. Although folks said the end of the world would happen if we did.

Pretty sure that didn't happen. The world is still here, I think. But, a bit more info is needed for more accurate answers.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:09 AM   #3
Ducati

this comes up on my email when someone answers. MH is 40 ft, bike wieghs in at 900lbs, hitch is 10K. I dont think I will have any issues with this set up. I was just curious if someone had a similar set up and had any issues. I was scheduled to have it welded in at the end of this month...but... with the snow we have had MH is gonna be snowed in for a bit longer unless this white stuff melts off a bit faster.
Ducati is offline   Reply With Quote