Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-24-2020, 06:28 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9jkfham View Post
My Chev Equinox requires the key to be in the on position. I use a trickle charger to keep the battery charged while towing. https://rvibrake.com/collections/flat-towing-products
I also use a trickle charger from rvi. Been full time for over 3 years never had a dead battery.
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:31 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Wow that’s a lot of complicated stuff.
I just bought a Jeep, No complicated stuff.
pobstlmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 06:58 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHarrin View Post
I'm positive my steering wheel locks. No question about that. If what you say is true about the tires having to track, then I have to put the key in accessory mode. I'm going to test my battery to ensure it can handle long drains...
not sure about your vehicle, but I turn my key off with transmission in neutral and the the steering wheel does not lock until I pull the key out. That is how my manual on my 2016 Equinox says to to keep your steering unlocked. Plus I have to pull a fuse to keep the miles from adding up. Also I had a new 12 outlet wired directly to the battery for my brake. Also reach in with your hand and push the brake pedal down 3 or 4 times to bleed off the vacumm or the first couple of times the brake in the car activates it will brake very hard because of the power brakes.

Tags
tow