Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Towing, Hitching and Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-26-2019, 05:15 PM   #1
Tenor Bob

12V TOAD Power - Where's the Fuse

(1st submission - be kind)

I am looking for the fuse location for the 12V power connection to the trailer 7pin connector for a 2007 Journey 36G. I have found the fuse panel for the turn signal, brake, and running lights in the Shore Power cabinet thanks to previous threads. I did check all fuses for the trailer lights, but I cannot find anything for the 12V power. I also checked the breakers and fuses in the front of the rig. The Freightliner Chassis manual shows a 12V 40A power connection. But the line is dead. I tried to follow the wiring back but it gets lost in the back of the rig.
Thanks for the help
Bob
TenorBob53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:44 PM   #2
Just Trying to Help

Bob-

First off, welcome to winnieowners!

Second, you should add a signature to your user profile. It usually includes the year, make and model of your coach, but can include other information. A signature is appended to each post. To create/edit a signature, click on the "User CP" link in the orange bar at the top, then click on "Edit Signature."

Did you test the charge line for voltage with the engine running? Many coaches require the ignition to be active to provide voltage on the charge line.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:02 AM   #3
Just Trying to Help

Bob-

I searched threads on iRV2 and none came up with a conclusive answer. I did get the impression that you may want to call and ask Freightliner. They apparently supply the coach hitch connector wiring with the chassis when they ship it to coach builder. That includes the feed end of the 12V charge line.

I think you'll need your chassis number when you call them. Where that is, I don't know.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:25 AM   #4
Tenor Bob

Thanks
I guess talking to Freightliner is the answer. I appreciate the help.
Regards
Bob
Old 07-07-2019, 05:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

The fuse is likely in the compartment below the drivers seat with the chassis fuses or behind the panel - or in the left rear compartment and is a Freightliner installation. Visit the F.L. Custom Chassis Corp. web site and you should find more info. I strongly suspect that info was also included in the FCCC info in your Winnebago info package
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:30 PM   #6
2002 Journey WPK36GD

I also have this issue and have no resolution despite repeated calls to Freightliner and a couple to "Winnebago, What does below the drivers seat mean? Or behind the panel? Or left (port side?) compartment?

I don't see anything below the drivers seat. Do you have to remove the top enclosure where the guages are to get to behind the panel? Is the left side panel back where the Zantrex Inverter/Charger is?
CharlesMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:14 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Bob/Charles

The fuse for the towing socket is located where the other chassis fuses are located. In my 09 Journey, it is in an exterior compartment below the driver's seat and some additional fuses are behind the panel accessible by removing a black cover. It is necessary to remove the black cover - release the flour clips and pull the cover off and you will find additional fuses and relays - all Freightliner equipment. Look on the inside of the black cover you removed for a legend as what fuses are where
Hope this solves your issues. You should download all of the Winn info for your coach including complete electrical info from the Winn resources of their web site. All info in there should be kept with you forever and ever as you will have it when you need it.

Bob
Old 07-08-2019, 08:35 AM   #8
2002 Journey WPK36GD

Fuses for TOAD connector

Thanks for the answers on fuse locations:

1. I have been in the black panel many times. For me it is above the Onan generator
2. I have been unable to locate the "fuses below the drivers seat" or in the compartments.

3. Good advise on downloading all the diagrams et.al. and saving it.

Thanks for your comments. It is recorded in this thread for future people to find. Charlie
Old 07-08-2019, 09:10 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Charles
You misread my first post regarding fuse loations.
"The fuse is likely in the compartment below the drivers seat with the chassis fuses" - that is where mine are. There are no fuses under the driver's seat. Suggest you d/l the electrical package as there should be many fuses for the Freightliner chassis somewhere in the coach. There is also a FL document for my chassis (and I suspect yours) that takes you through the maintenance and other info for the chassis. Good luck
Old 07-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2011 Journey 40U. While there are fuse panels where other suggested, they were not where my fuse was located, Mine was in a small box mounted in the back compartment by the chassis batteries, drivers side all the way back. There is a small black box with screws on each corner (good luck getting them out!) and the power for the toad cable/plug was located in that. The fuse had been blown, but worked fine once it was replaced.
Kevinbrown01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:50 AM   #11
2002 Journey WPK36GD

2002 Winnebago Journey 36DL

Interesting situation: Over the last few weeks I have gone to the Winnebago-->Service-->Wiring-->2002-->36LD and clicked the hyperlink, Nothing happened. I tried several other of the links too - Nothing. Is anyone else seeing this too?

If it was a server it would be back up by now. I brought it to the attention of the Tech Svc rep too.

So does anyone have this complete file lurking on their computers for the 2002 Journey 36LD (or DL?) that they could email me or attach here?
Old 07-09-2019, 08:31 AM   #12
Just Trying to Help

CharlesMoore-

Try this link:

2002 Journey DL/Horizon P36LD Wiring Diagram Book
Old 07-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #13
2002 Journey WPK36GD

Yea! The link worked. Thanks so much. Now I can dowload them all. Cheers.

Tags
fuse, power, toad