Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2021, 05:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

What you wished you packed on a long trip?

We have an upcoming long trip (for us, at 2 weeks total) coming up with our Micro Minnie trailer. Our prior longest trips have only been 5 nights max. So while we mostly have our gear/pack list in place it's not been through a trip this long before. I'm interested in any items we might not have thought of that would come in handy on a longer trip. Is there anything you wished you had on a long trip? Or any item you found far more valuable/useful than expected, particularly farther into a trip?

We have the power situation covered, and hookups for enough of the time that water/sewer situation should be covered.

Thanks in advance.
COSCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Our biggest packing mistakes are almost always on the other side and we get back regretting taking too much, especially clothes!

Lots of personal choice and different trips take different things but we try to fight the urge to take more as it makes just getting to the stuff we do want that much harder! We rarely go so far out in the woods and stay that we do not pass a shopping opportunity if we do find we want things like more food! A new banana or new fruit is lots better than a five day old one!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I’ve been taking a small AC/DC air compressor with me and a tubeless tire repair kit. I bought a Kobalt one at Lowe’s. It doesn’t take up much space. I can use it on the bicycle tires too.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

A nice solid hitch silencer. I had some play before my latest trip... I now have some more. The silencer is on my shopping list.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:59 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

More money....
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 06:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Everything you can carry to make dw happy.
Citronella candles.
Wine glasses with stems.
Full body wipes.
Replace plastic toilet with china bowl
In-bed coffee service
Welcome mat
Comfortable camp chair with power recliner
More closet space including giving up your space
12v rechargeable reading lamp
12v rechargeable fan
This list will continue to grow until you need a bigger trailer and bigger truck
Old 06-27-2021, 06:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

We didn’t investigate WiFi options, and options to be able to watch our TV that we had added a “fire stick” to, thinking it would help us. Ran out of cellular data on our phones, and were kind of off the grid for awhile. Turned out to be not so bad, but missed it a bit.
Mari Jean Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:08 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I'm with Morich -- Less! Don't worry about extra folding chairs for visitors. Fellow RVers all have their own. I do carry one extra chair in the form of a Samsonite folding chair that not only serves as a spare but is a godsend when working around the RV (especially for us old guys).

It's amazing how things multiply. When we were young, we were happy in a VW pop-top with minimal gear. Not that long ago, we did well with a 22' & then a 25' TT with minimal storage. Now we have a 35' MH with storage for way more stuff than we need. Every time we've sold an RV or boat, I'm amazed at all the stuff I've pulled out of the storage lockers that haven't been used in years.

Our "long trips" have been over a month.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:15 PM   #9
Snz
Winnebago Watcher

I needed that today. Yes air pump for sure
Snz is offline   Reply With Quote