Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Campgrounds, Travel and Attractions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-20-2020, 05:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Travel to Blyth Ontario from Maine

Assuming we are allowed to travel and cross international borders, later this summer we intend on traveling to Blyth, Ontario, leaving from southern Maine. We would probably enter Canada from Vermont on Autoroute 85, then following along the St. Lawrence River and past Lake Ontario onto Blyth.

What sights and attractions would you suggest we see?

Any particular campgrounds you suggest we stay at (or avoid)?

Also, is there anything special we need to know about regarding the border crossing - either way (US to Canada or Canada to US)?

Is there a different route you would suggest?

I am scoping out the trip and would like to determine how much time we need to plan to be on the road, to and fro.

Thank you.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hey, Let me check along the route as well but Blyth is probably close enough to Pinery Provincial Park, stay at riverside 800 type sites. look for Ontario Parks reservations on google (along the whole route)

Also, travel wide around Montreal with your trailer as the suspension will get a workout it doesn’t like in that city (bad roads). plus bad drivers - stay on 400 series hiways around there.
MicroMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMinnie View Post
Hey, Let me check along the route as well but Blyth is probably close enough to Pinery Provincial Park, stay at riverside 800 type sites. look for Ontario Parks reservations on google (along the whole route)

Also, travel wide around Montreal with your trailer as the suspension will get a workout it doesn’t like in that city (bad roads). plus bad drivers - stay on 400 series hiways around there.
We will be staying in a park in Blyth (377 Gypsy Lane) - we will be part of a square dance camping outing. But I'll check out the provincial parks along the route - thanks for that tip.

I'll keep my eye out for your response re: things to see and do.

Thank you.

Tags
travel