Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2020, 07:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question RV resorts

Hi everyone, we are looking at becoming snowbirds in 2021 and leaving BC heading to California and Arizona for 6 months. I have been researching nice RV Resorts in both states. When reviewing trip advisor i get a mixed bag of reviews. I am reaching out to this community for advice and recommendations on nice RV Resorts in both states, clean lots of activities and fairly priced. I would be grateful for any recommendations you may have so I can start to book my sites. Thanks in advance for your time and input much appreciated, Swannie
Swannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:31 PM   #2
Site Team

We spent this past winter in Voyager RV Resort. PLENTY of activities if that’s what you’re looking for. Now is the time to book if you’re looking for a longer stay. We stayed 3 months for around $1700 + Electric of about $100/month.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
clean and loads of activities...that i can help you with. the Cal-Am Resorts in AZ fit that bill. if you're a resident in any of their resorts you can access of other Cal-Am resort activity or amenity. fairly priced? that's up to you to decide.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:40 PM   #4
Site Team

We spend Jan-Feb in Tucson each year at the LazyDays KOA and think it’s great. Check it out and you’ll see great reviews, too. Gotta book now, though for longer stays. Tucson is a great town and the weather in Jan/Feb is fabulous.

And yes, we already have our reservations for next year - our 5th year in a row.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:57 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swannie View Post
Hi everyone, we are looking at becoming snowbirds in 2021 and leaving BC heading to California and Arizona for 6 months. I have been researching nice RV Resorts in both states. When reviewing trip advisor i get a mixed bag of reviews. I am reaching out to this community for advice and recommendations on nice RV Resorts in both states, clean lots of activities and fairly priced. I would be grateful for any recommendations you may have so I can start to book my sites. Thanks in advance for your time and input much appreciated, Swannie

We would highly recommend the Distant Drums RV Park about an hour south of Flagstaff on I-25. Stayed there for an overnighter last summer. Excellent facilities and prices were reasonable.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:00 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
it’s actually on I-17 not I-25. it’s at Camp Verde and it’s a very nice park.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 03:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
it’s actually on I-17 not I-25. it’s at Camp Verde and it’s a very nice park.
You are right. Sorry, got my Interstates mixed up. We did a LOT of Interstate driving last summer. That campground is at the top of our favorite list!
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 03:52 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Does anyone know a nice resort on the Washington coast that is not near sea level? I have a fear of Tsunamis, and many of the places on the coast are difficult to exit--e.g. the Long Beach Peninsula. Seemingly all of the state parks are near sea level.
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:44 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Have you considered Mexico? Many Canadians love Lareto, BC. There are at least three RV parks that we checked out last year, anticipating a possible visit this year. All had their upsides, depending on how social you might want to be. We have not made it back, as life happens when "you're busy making other plans."
MarvinFickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:41 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinFickle View Post
Have you considered Mexico? "
I'm pretty sure the border is closed both directions for non-essential travel. Canada may be different--they seemed to still allow Americans for a time.
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:11 PM   #11
Just Ama

A lot of RVers love staying at Palm Creek Rv Resort. They have a lot of activities and the people are very friendly. It's located between Phoenix and Tucson so while it's in a small town, you have freeway access to two big cities.
https://palmcreekgolf.com/
AzLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:32 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

RV Parks

We just got back from California. Stayed February at Indian Waters RV Park in Indio. Reasonable priced, good activities, two nice pools etc.
Lots of Canadians there. Check it out. They also fill fast up but we were on a 6 pg. wait list and got in. Lots of activities in the neighborhood.

Ken Mitchell
2018 Vista 29VE
Ken Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:14 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Mitchell View Post
We just got back from California. Stayed February at Indian Waters RV Park in Indio. Reasonable priced, good activities, two nice pools etc.
Lots of Canadians there. Check it out. They also fill fast up but we were on a 6 pg. wait list and got in. Lots of activities in the neighborhood.
Indian Waters is great. My favorite in the Coachella Valley is Outdoor Resorts Palm Springs. ORPS.com

I am very hopeful the 2021 snowbird season will be back to normal as it relates to safe travelling. Enjoy!
Old 03-23-2020, 08:53 PM   #14
Wandering Winnie

The wife and I stayed at Sunflower resort in surprise Arizona. Lots to do like woodworking, lapidary, leather crafts, stained glass, bocce ball, pickle ball, tennis, and many more. In the courtyard around evening every day there is music. All around nice place and nice folks.