Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Campgrounds, Travel and Attractions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2021, 10:42 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Recommendations for tours in Utah, Lake Powell and Grand Canyon

We are hitting all the national parks in Utah then onto Lake Powell and the Grand Canyon.* Just curious it anyone has any recommendations on what tours they have taken at any of those locations.* Jeep tours seem pretty popular.* Lake Powell offers some boat tours through the canyons.* Then the Grand Canyon has a wide array of options.* Getting a bit overwhelmed at all the choices available so reaching out to my fellow travelers for first hand experience.* Any other tips for the parks and the areas would be appreciated too!* >^..^<* Thanks!
Old 06-28-2021, 11:05 AM   #2
Site Team

The first tip you should be aware of is the parks are FULL and there are huge lines just to get in. And, the Lake is EMPTY. Due to the drought.

Perhaps you're not speaking of going in the next 3-months? Those areas should improve by Mid-Sept/Oct.

Camping and tour reservations should be made as far in advance as possible.

Sorry I can't be more help, or provide better news about the places you are planning to visit.

I'm sure some others will chime in here with more specific info.

Here's some info from the National Park Service:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 12.04.46 PM.png
Views:	67
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	179839  
Old 06-28-2021, 11:48 AM   #3

South of Page, UT (Lake Powel Dam) is Lee's Ferry. It's spectacular canon at the mouth of the Colorado River and neck of the Grand Canyon. They don't take reservations. Just show up and pay at the campground. ($10-$20/nt depending on your National Park Pass.)

The colors are marvelous. And here's another tip if you want a guide boat tour on the river. ...They call it a "back-haul" ride normally uses by kayakers and stand-up paddle boarders who want to float down a 15 mile stretch of the river, from the dam back to the boat dock. (No white water.)

Contact Steve: 602-510-5511 and him Mark from Waikiki sent you. He'll remember me and will probably only charge you $100 for 2-3 people.

Further, if you are not on a house boat on Lake Powel, then I wouldn't bother. But if you can hook up with an Indian Guided trip to hike to some well known canyon sites, you will really like that too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lee's Ferry Campground South Of Page 2, UT.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	179845   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lee's Ferry Campground South Of Page 3, UT.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	179846  

imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 04:16 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I use tripadvisor.com and yelp.com to located the best businesses and operators in any area where I plan to travel. For a guide company I have found the reviews on yelp.com to be very helpful.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote