Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Pet Un-friendly or No-Pet Section Campgrounds

Many RVers are seeking places which are friendly to their pets. I have a different situation.

Specifically, I am terribly allergic to most dogs, and even casual contact causes issues requiring medication or worse. So I would benefit from campgrounds and places which are not-so-pet-friendly. Most search engines and listings tell one if a location is pet-friendly. Advertisements even list features such as new dog parks.

I would like to find out what places are NOT pet friendly. Because for my safety, and so that I can relax and not always be on guard, I would like to be able to visit those places.

Has anyone seen a list of NOT pet-friendly places?
Mongobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:40 AM   #2
Site Team

Haven't seen any specifically marked that way, but we did stay at a camp in AZ last winter that had a "no-pet" section. I'm not even sure people with pets were walking theirs in that section.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomB View Post
Haven't seen any specifically marked that way, but we did stay at a camp in AZ last winter that had a "no-pet" section. I'm not even sure people with pets were walking theirs in that section.
Great idea! I should modify my request to include campgrounds which have no-pet sections. It at least reduces the risk.

Thanks.
Mongobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
Site Team

I edited the title of the thread for you by adding that as criteria.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I suspect that most commercial RV parks are wide open to pets, anywhere but the pool area.

Public parks, particularly state parks are different. Some states prohibit pets in most campgrounds like Connecticut. The state website explicitly states that.

Other states often have mixed restrictions. First go to the state's website and look for a campground map. These often show pet and no pet campground loops.

For those that don't show these areas, go to Reserveamerica the ubiquitous state and federal campground reservation site. Try to reserve a pet site and see which loops are ok. Then avoid those.

I have never seen a comprehensive campground finder like Allstays that indicates which campgrounds have no pet areas.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote