Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2023, 04:05 AM   #1
Outer Banks of NC

Outer Banks of NC.

I live over here moved up here for the fishing and beach 20 years ago and love the coastal way of life.
Retired two years ago you can't fish but so much went back to work local last Sept hauling seafood Moorehead NC to Hayes VA, got a chance to see places in NC I have never been.
If your planning a trip to the Outer Banks and want to experence some of the most beautiful sights and a adventure call ahead make reservation on the Swans Quarter Ferry to Ocracoke. Plan your trip to the beaches by Swans Quarter float across. 252 791 3300 You can stop and pull over once your there Law Enforcment will not bother you we do it with boats behind trucks all the time. Leaving Ocoracoke you have to drive to the north end of Ocoracoke Island take another Ferry across to Hatteras. That one is free. The Swans Quarter Ferry is a 2.25 hour ride but its amazing. We do it on motorcycles and pulling the 31 Fountain behind the lance 1191 slide in camper so don't worry about lenght I was as long then you guys 40 motorhomes and a car on a dolley. They accept 18 wheeler so your good.
From where we live outside of Elizabeth City on the sound its 78 miles to the ferry then across to Hatteras ver 148 miles driving around the Albermarle sound then south from the beaches so the Ferry is our way to get there.
Most of the time when your coming in on the back side of Ocoracoke there alot of sand bars we always see fish that have run bait fish up agenst the bars in a feeding frenzy. Dolphins , Pelicans, its the best way to get to the islands. Three ferrys a day out of SQ I've been first in line on the early one parked there about 11 pm waited so parking in front the gate they won't say anything either.
Have fun be safe and wanted to let you all in on that adventure . Its something you don't want to miss.
Old 03-19-2023, 09:59 AM   #2
Eck
Winnebago Camper

I was looking at Google maps yesterday on routes to take for an adventure to the Outer Banks of NC... You just filled in a few blanks! WIll look at taking your suggestion. Many thanks
Eck is offline   Reply With Quote