Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2018, 07:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Online Trip Planning Tools

I do enjoy sitting at home in front of my computer to plan my trips.
There are a ton of great destination reviews you can see on this site, as well as so many other reviews online or in magazines like MotorHome mag.

How do you plan?

I start with RV Trip Wizard to get an great visual of the trip. I find campgrounds, POI, and fuel stops along the way. It’s a great tool to plan the trip from start to finish. Also gives me an idea of how much time I can expect to get to all the destinations I’m planning. Plus estimated costs, such as fuel, camping...
I think it’s a great value at $39 per year. And there is great support both right here and IRV2, where you can ask question and get the support you need.

By being on the computer, it also allows me to use many of the other sites to search for side trips, find friends...

What are the other sites you use, great to get a list together for all.
mikeannetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:49 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I use Google: bring up an area I am in or going to via Google Maps. Look at the route I want to take. Then in the Google Search pane on the left side of the map change to "RV Parks" without the quotes. Beware that you will get some false information and it may not contain all parks but it is a good start. Change the search to "Recreation," or "Camping," and see the results.

It used to be when searching with Google one would get what they searched for. Now Google gives you what the think you want to see.

I also use campgroundreviews.com and other sites for verification and enhancement.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Google times 2
Old 04-28-2018, 10:27 PM   #4
Site Team

Since my Adventurer has the Xite Rand McNally GPS I use Good Sam’s online trip planner. It is compatible with our GPS system and created by Rand McNally for Good Sam. I set the route, the stops and the campgrounds in the site then export it on the Xite SD Card to my Xite GPS. Then, my complete trip is setup in the GPS. Works well. Though I don’t trust Good Sam’s campground reviews. I use a combination of campgroundreviews.com and Google for that.

We’re on day 6 of a 45-day RV trip planned this way. Here’s my current trip plan:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DDC7CD54-C7B1-4303-90E6-2F600BDB8C7F.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	169503