Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2023, 08:16 PM   #1
Ted & Lynne

Love’s truck stops

I was on a trip from MA to FL to TX and back home. Over 5000 miles on our first vaca. ( not firt outing in camper ). We saw that Love’s had an app and if you scanned it before pumping gas you saved .10 a gallon. They also had a few stops that had RV hookups that we paid for through camplife.com I think. They do have many sites with free RV parking if there are not cars and trucks in them. Buccies allows you to stay all night also if you park on perimeter of lot. Cracker Barrel’s were good if not filled with cars. We had an awesome trip and it was a really good learning curve for us. We traveled more than camped but the campground next to Graceland was ok. Safe travels
Old 05-25-2023, 09:14 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

If you’re driving a diesel, get the TSD/Open Roads card. You’ll save a lot more than .10/gallon.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 10:06 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
If you’re driving a diesel, get the TSD/Open Roads card. You’ll save a lot more than .10/gallon.
The Vista LX in the OP’s signature is a gas motorhome built on the Ford V10 engine and F53 Chassis. Unfortunately, the TSD card and others like do not provide discounts on gasoline at any truck stop. In fact, a $.10 discount is really good for a gas purchase.
Old 05-25-2023, 10:13 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
The Vista LX in the OP’s signature is a gas motorhome built on the Ford V10 engine and F53 Chassis. Unfortunately, the TSD card and others like do not provide discounts on gasoline at any truck stop. In fact, a $.10 discount is really good for a gas purchase.
I think I have signatures turned off.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 03:23 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Fyden View Post
I was on a trip from MA to FL to TX and back home. Over 5000 miles on our first vaca. ( not firt outing in camper ). We saw that Love’s had an app and if you scanned it before pumping gas you saved .10 a gallon. They also had a few stops that had RV hookups that we paid for through camplife.com I think. They do have many sites with free RV parking if there are not cars and trucks in them. Buccies allows you to stay all night also if you park on perimeter of lot. Cracker Barrel’s were good if not filled with cars. We had an awesome trip and it was a really good learning curve for us. We traveled more than camped but the campground next to Graceland was ok. Safe travels
Nice post! ... good to know.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:13 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
FWIW, I save 5% (five per cent) on all fuel purchases for all our vehicles whenever I use a particular credit card to fuel up.

I don't save it "at the pump", but have to apply for a gift card ever so often to actually realize the savings. I spend these periodic gift cards for routine grocery shopping.

5% savings on fuel can turn out to be 20-25 cents per gallon.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:24 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
5% savings on fuel can turn out to be 20-25 cents per gallon.
Current pricing in Texas that 5% is $0.15 to $0.16 per gallon. Decent savings. Gas has to be $5 a gallon to see $.25/gal savings.

Luckily, I've never been anywhere near $5/gal pricing. But I do know there are places that see that kind of pricing.

Not sure what card you have, but when I looked online all the 5% cash back cards had catches - like applying specific categories that rotate monthly and yearly limits on the amount of cash back you could receive per year. If you have one that's always 5% back on everything that's pretty special.
Old 06-19-2023, 03:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We try to stop at Costco's when we can. Usually easy in-and-out. Cheaper than average gas, plus with their executive card we get 4% back on eligible gasoline purchases for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter.