Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2015, 09:38 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Good Sam has taken good care of my needs so far on my RV and all other vehicles including motorcycles even transporting my vintage Fiat Spider from the fuel station to my driveway when the starter solenoid failed sending out a flatbed to ensure no towing damage occurred. Always had courteous and helpful people answer the phone and they always verified the vehicle requiring assistance sending out the correct sized and configured service vehicle for the job.

The basic membership for a relatively low fee covers all vehicles and family members for towing, jump starts, putting on your mounted spare and similar services where no parts or major repairs are required. Yes you have to pay for tires, engine, transmission work etc since I did not get the full service rider with warranty however that is available too.

So far vastly superior to AAA.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:04 PM   #22

At a RV Rally I discovered FMCA now offers its own Roadside Service and is cheaper than GS and CoachNet.
FMCA Road Assist RV Roadside Assistance Program
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:17 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggy Daddy View Post
At a RV Rally I discovered FMCA now offers its own Roadside Service and is cheaper than GS and CoachNet.
FMCA Road Assist RV Roadside Assistance Program
So far I haven't heard enough about them to want to change from CoachNet and we're FMCA members.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:48 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
...I'm betting that CoachNet didn't want to pay the premium for a Sat call out.
I live in Podunk, AZ. When I called CoachNet for a flat the only service provider in town was tied up on another call. CoachNet called a provider in Phoenix, over 30 miles away and paid an "out of area fee" as well as an after hours premium. The provider told me CN paid him over $200 to drive 65 miles R/T plus 30 minutes to change the tire on a rig that was sitting in my yard and not in any danger. And, the CN operator apologized to me for "taking so long." I've never had reason to believe CN was trying to avoid paying extra fees.
LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:39 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

it seems like the best way to go is have a spare tire, then Good Sam will come out and change it for free that's probably as good as it gets. I have 19.5 tires, 22.5 not sure if you can carry a spare very easily.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

I can say for sure that GS RSA will not pay for a trip for parts if the tech needs to run for them. I know this because an Allison tech is on his way to get a part right this minute. I could hire a limo for what we are paying in hourly rate for him to drive to get it and return.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV View Post
Good Sam has taken good care of my needs so far on my RV and all other vehicles.
Us, too. Happy with them so far.
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service