Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Campgrounds, Travel and Attractions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-03-2021, 12:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Florda State parks and ReserveAmerica

Looks like Florida State Parks has dropped partnership with Reserve America and running their own reservation system. Curious as to why? Now another site I have to learn and now all my "past" FL sites are gone from Reserve America and I used that to know what sites I had prior. Shame.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:41 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Florida State Parks sent a notice out to everyone who has an account about a month before the switch over. You should have gone in and retrieved your history, back then. Don't know the reason for the change.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I had a reservation Anastasia State Park, and pre-paid. Is that no longer valid. I haven’t received any notices.

IMO Reserve America notoriously difficult to use.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

This is from an email I received. Hope this is reassuring.

Better in Person
OUR NEW RESERVATION SYSTEM HAS ARRIVED!

The Real Florida℠ is waiting for you! We recently changed our reservation system, so the process may look a little different when you book a cabin or campsite at one of our Florida State Parks. Just start your journey at the our new online reservation system or call us toll free 1-800-326-3521 or TDD 888-433-0287 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET. You can buy day passes here, too.​

We love being the beloved destination for so many guests, many of whom make reservations almost a year in advance. You can trust that your pre-existing reservations are secure.​

From Anastasia down the alphabet to Wekiwa Springs, adventure awaits at Florida's 175 award-winning state parks, trails and historic sites. Have you heard about our annual passes? Visit as often as you like after purchasing your individual or family pass online, or at a park ranger station or museum.​

We’re looking forward to seeing you at your next visit. Why not put one on your calendar right now?

Book Your Overnight Stay Today!​
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

We may not do it the way many, but if I were to nominate a group to be blown up Textag and ReserveAmerica would be two near the top !!!
Just the basics seemed to be way to complex for a simple reservation change.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
I had a reservation Anastasia State Park, and pre-paid. Is that no longer valid. I haven’t received any notices.

IMO Reserve America notoriously difficult to use.

I would call Anastasia now and confirm. Friend of mines father had issues with his reservation last weekend due to this and they almost didn't let him stay.

I've heard similar feedback about ReserveAmerica but I never had an issue with it. Seemed pretty straight forward to me.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:36 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

After using the new system to book a site this week I have to say ReserveAmerica is a much better tuned system. I hope they get this figured out, right now it's pretty poor release and the company in charge should know better.