Winnebago Owners Online Community

Winnebago Owners Online Community (http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/)
-   Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics (http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f260/)
-   -   headlite switch (http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f260/headlite-switch-21073.html)

dstinch 02-26-2006 08:29 AM

2006 journey the switch for headlites turns to right 2 clicks, after first one (running lites) you can pull the switch out one click. what does that do?thanks Don

dstinch 02-26-2006 08:29 AM

2006 journey the switch for headlites turns to right 2 clicks, after first one (running lites) you can pull the switch out one click. what does that do?thanks Don

MrTransistor 02-26-2006 08:44 AM

Hi dstinch,
Same here, now I'm curious. I'll let you know if I find out.

NeilV 02-26-2006 08:53 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dstinch:
2006 journey the switch for headlites turns to right 2 clicks, after first one (running lites) you can pull the switch out one click. what does that do?thanks Don </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fog Lights?

rebelsbeach 02-26-2006 09:21 AM

I'm not sure it's fog lights either...I have the same pullout as well as a fog light switch.
Too cold to play today...will check when it's warmer.
Too funny though....as I read the manual about headlights,I saw that on my smart wheel there's the equivalent to what we called "ICC switches",as I can blink the headlights AND the running lights with two seperate switches..

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/data/5...ashswitch2.jpg

MrTransistor 02-26-2006 05:18 PM

Hi dstinch,
I've gone through the wiring diagrams and come up with nothing. Also observed all vehicle lighting while the switch was pulled and pushed, with and without the fog lamp and ignition switch. Saw nothing. There is a symbol on the switch and when its pulled, a small indicator light below and to the left lights up behind an identical symbol but only with the ignition on.

The translation of the symbol escapes me but my guess is its supposed to mean ˜running lights off' for use when signaling other drivers. Since this function is now on the ˜SmartWheel' steering wheel along with headlight ˜winking˜, my guess is that this headlight switch function is no longer functional. The Freightliner manual indicates that ˜marker light interrupt' is available without the ˜SmartWheel' and I would think that many coaches were delivered without the 'SmartWheel' option so the mystery switch would work then.

A call to Winnebago may be in order.

CHIPPYSGT 02-27-2006 01:52 AM

My '05 Meridian has the same switch. I haven't played with it yet but I had an old Mercedes (1989) that had the same function on the switch. One on position (pulled out)let you light only the left tail light and the other on position (pulled out)allowed only the right tail light to be on.

According to the Mercedes manual they were used on the narrow European streets when it is necessary to park and leave one side of the vehicle in the roadway.

I have to get my dead batteries fixed before I can play with the lights.

Doug

cmaserv 02-27-2006 12:04 PM

I believe its for fog lites. However my meridain has a seperate fog lite switch and headlite switch function is not needed..

CHIPPYSGT 02-27-2006 01:24 PM

Per Freightliner it's for fog lights.

Doug

tomsm 02-27-2006 01:24 PM

I agree with cmaserv. It even looks like a fog light symbol on the switch. I don't have the Smart Wheel and I tried every combination I could think of today and the pull-out function did nothing. Winnie probably decided to use a separate fog light switch and that part of the headlight switch just isn't wired.

tomsm 02-27-2006 01:27 PM

Opps - posted same time as Doug's reply. If FL says it's for fogs I guess I better get them to fix mine cause it doesn't work...

CHIPPYSGT 02-27-2006 02:03 PM

My foglights come on with the other switch on the dash. My headlight switch only does the headlights.

Maybe the switch is for other users of the switch that does not have a seperate fog light switch.

If I switch hands and switch computers, maybe I can use the word "switch" a couple of more times.

I know, somebody's going to take a switch to me if I don't stop.

I'm outta here.

Doug