Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2017, 06:18 PM   #1
Site Team

New WinnieOwners Forum | Welcome

We're glad you found your way here!

This is a brand new site for Winnebago owners, fans and wanna be owners. The forum is an offshoot of the iRV2.com forum and set up to offer an expanded platform for folks to discuss Winnebagos and RVing. As the forum grows, we can add new sections and stretch out a bit.

If you are a member at iRV2.com it's likely that you already have an account here - we have set these up as a courtesy and your username and some of your winnie related posts should already be here. If you would like to change your username we are happy to help.

You can also change your password, account settings and profile info by clicking on 'user cp' on the upper nav bar or by going directly here: https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/usercp.php

There are some fun features you might want to check out:

If you have suggestions for the board or features you would like to see please let us know.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:02 PM   #2
Site Team

How to change your password:

If you would like to change your password you can do this by clicking on user cp on the upper nav bar and then finding the option to update in the left side menu.

Alternatively you can click here to change your password: https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...o=editpassword
Old 09-18-2017, 07:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

My user name should be Coosguy it's listed twice? Thanks for your help
Coosguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coosguy Guy View Post
My user name should be Coosguy it's listed twice? Thanks for your help
This has been updated
Old 09-21-2017, 12:02 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I signed up with a different user name and password before I read this. Does it matter or am I in here twice?
Essgee1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #6
Site Team

Susan, we can merge the accounts. Please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Provide both usernames that need to be merged.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Will there be a separate classic Winnie section on this forum?
knugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:56 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by knugent View Post
Will there be a separate classic Winnie section on this forum?
We have the beginnings of a vintage section here: Vintage Rigs - Retro is cool! - Winnebago Owners Online Community

but think that a title change would be an improvement - thanks for the suggestion
Old 09-23-2017, 10:16 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Questions please:
1. What is the significance of 'feathers' below our username?
2. For 'IRV2 Supporters' will a banner of some sort be added? Do we have some / all of the same benefits?

Thanks for all the hard work to get this up and running!
Old 09-23-2017, 11:00 AM   #10
I helped | retired moderator

The number of leaves are dependent on the number of posts.

0 to 9 = No leaf
10 to 74 = 1 leaf
75 to 249 = 2 leaves
250 to 499 = 3 leaves
500 to 999 = 4 leaves
1000 to 2499 = 5 leaves
2500 to 4999 = 6 leaves
5000 to 9999 = 7 leaves
10,000 and up = 8 leaves
Each 5000 posts above 10,000 one leaf will turn green

We're sorry, but at this time there is no Supporter account upgrade and any benefits at iRV2 are not applicable here.

Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
Questions please:
1. What is the significance of 'feathers' below our username?
2. For 'IRV2 Supporters' will a banner of some sort be added? Do we have some / all of the same benefits?

Thanks for all the hard work to get this up and running!

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Janet H.,

I really like the idea of a Winnie Owners Forum separate from the others on iRv2 but also have the familiarity of the iRV2 forums. It was getting to be a little much on iRV2 to read through the vast amount of posts to find some that was directly related to my model. A couple of quick questions -

(1) Other than being a Social Knowledge LLC produced forum is there a direct connection to iRV2, i.e. what we post here shows up there and vs versa?

(2) just curious where does the old posts that you see when you search come from? I am with the understanding this a new forum.

(3) Have you been able to get Winnebago Industries to have an official presence here?

Lastly, Thank you and others for making this happen it will an invaluable resource for winnie owners.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmat View Post
(1) Other than being a Social Knowledge LLC produced forum is there a direct connection to iRV2, i.e. what we post here shows up there and vs versa?

(2) just curious where does the old posts that you see when you search come from? I am with the understanding this a new forum.

(3) Have you been able to get Winnebago Industries to have an official presence here?
No, the posts here do not show up on iRV2. They are now two distinct forum communities. If people post in the Winnebago section at iRV2 they will not show up here. The posts made here do not show up there.

We "seeded" this forum with folks who had posted in the Winnebago forum on iRV2. From the date we launched forward, to join here people will need to register. For example, if they register on iRV2 and post there but find out about this forum. They will need to re-register here.

The posts you see here were brought over from iRV2. In order to give this community a little fertilizer in hopes it would grow into a vibrant community we felt bringing over some posts would be smart. We didn't bring over any active posts at the time of transition, they were about a month old or older. We brought over about 50% of the posts and left about 50% over on iRV2.

I have spoke with Winnebago Industries, it's my understanding they are aware of forums and possibly interested in working together in some way in the future. At this time this is a completely independent resource. Hopefully in the future we can work with Winnebago Industries. It's our hope that we can foster a community they can be proud of!
Old 09-26-2017, 05:40 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

It's nice to be a part of this forum and community. We are proud owners of our Winnebago, and hope to learn a lot from others and perhaps share our experiences both good and not so good for others to benefit from.
bangkokbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

app

Is there a app for Winnie owners, right now I just have it bookmarked
dalton134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:45 PM   #15
I helped | retired moderator

There is one in the works. In the meantime there is a mobile view which should load when you navigate to the site on a small device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalton134 View Post
Is there a app for Winnie owners, right now I just have it bookmarked

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Will the WIT be moving to this forum?
Meridian42e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:54 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

I am active on Forest River Forum, which is a very active site. Hopefully this Winnebago site will grow as they have. We have a Hemisphere 263RL, but will probably move to the Winnebago 32ye over the next four years, as we get to retirement. I am enjoying both sites.
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:47 AM   #18
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
We're glad you found your way here!

This is a brand new site for Winnebago owners, fans and wanna be owners. The forum is an offshoot of the iRV2.com forum and set up to offer an expanded platform for folks to discuss Winnebagos and RVing. As the forum grows, we can add new sections and stretch out a bit.

If you are a member at iRV2.com it's likely that you already have an account here - we have set these up as a courtesy and your username and some of your winnie related posts should already be here. If you would like to change your username we are happy to help.

You can also change your password, account settings and profile info by clicking on 'user cp' on the upper nav bar or by going directly here: http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/usercp.php

There are some fun features you might want to check out:

If you have suggestions for the board or features you would like to see please let us know.
Hi Janet I am new to this site and wanted to post for help on removing an Onan 6.5 from an old Winnebago Chieftain to install into different motorhome of the same make and year
Motorman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #19
Winnebago Watcher

Change my user name

Can my user name be changed. I would like to change it to Soul Patch.
Thank you
Soul Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:23 PM   #20
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowsurer View Post
Can my user name be changed. I would like to change it to Soul Patch.
Thank you
Yes, please click on the Contact Us link found at the bottom of every page and the site admins can make the change for you;

Winnebago Owners Online Community - Contact Us

On Edit: P.S. You may want to make sure the username you want is available first;

http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/members/list/
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum