Old 07-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #477
Winnebago Master

Rick;

Welcome to the forum and the Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum. We have a Winnebago Chat on Tuesday nights at 9 PM EDT. Like you said we don't have a lot of problems to talk about. I would like to invite you to join us if you can. Also if you would like to have some Winnebago Karma all you have to say is Sign Me Up. Post often and tells about your travel experiences.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:18 AM   #478
Winnebago Watcher

Hi-Just joined and this is mt first post-Just bought a 2008 View 24H. Trying to figure out how to add a satellite tv antenna for Direct TV. Understand that there is a marked spot on the roof with a cable, but what about a 12 v cable for the power supply?
Thanks Jim
zabrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:49 AM   #479
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabrit View Post
Hi-Just joined and this is mt first post-Just bought a 2008 View 24H. Trying to figure out how to add a satellite tv antenna for Direct TV. Understand that there is a marked spot on the roof with a cable, but what about a 12 v cable for the power supply?
Thanks Jim
First I would like to welcome you to iRV2 and the Winnebago Forum. We are glad you joined us. If you would like some Winnebago Karma I would be happy to help you with that. I can't help you with your question as my MH came with the dish already installed. My suggestion would be to call Winnebago at 800-537-1885 and pose your question to them. They have always been very helpful to me. Have your Serial # available because they always ask for it. You could also start a new thread in the Winnebago Forum and perhaps someone can answer your question.

I would like to encourage you to go up to the New Member Check IN and introduce your self. I believe you will receive some more welcome responses there and more of our members will get to know you.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #480
Winnebago Camper

I like to welcome all the new members to the forum, have been silently lurking on the side. We are getting ready for our trip south to the Sunshine State for a winter vacation. On the way will stop in at CW to have them look at my rear roof A/C lost all the freon.

VIC (VE3IHK)
05 ITASCA Sunrise 33V
Buick Regal toad
AUSSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #481
Winnebago Camper

Just like to put my 2cents worth in on the jacks (levelers), twisting the frame it goes further than that, the theory is it would also effect the roof to sides
(ditch joint) caulking seal over time. So which jacks go first and which last becomes very important, by the way I like to keep all the wheels on the ground jacks or no jacks boards do the trick at times with that.

VIC (VE3IHK)
05 ITASCA 33V
BUICK REGAL toad
Old 11-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #482
Winnebago Camper

Been around 2 days, saying hello to everyone. Jim and Brenda Kirkand
desertrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:16 AM   #483
Winnie-Wise

Just checking out my new Id
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #484
Winnebago Camper

Journey 36 Owner Winterizing

I thinks this is my first post here and wouldnt ya know I have a question.
Yesterday I went to my storage facility to winterize my Journey (First winter for me) and have a few questions.
The coach has a Swan Industries automatic winterizing system with bypass and winterize switches located inside above the washer and dryer. I did call the previous owner to ask how he winterized, he said he didnt introduce antifreeze into the lines and believed that "one of the valves (either the bypass or the winterize) was now "manual". I drained the hot water heater, the H&C lines etc and following the directions in the Swan manual turned on both switches. (because I dont know which one does not work). As a double check that I was actually bypassing the hot water heater I hooked up city water and turned it on. Guess what, water poured out of the water heater drain. I could not find either the bypass valve or the winterize valve to check if they were working, any ideas where they may be?. The only other valve marked 'Normal' and 'Bypass' is next to the water pump, I have no idea what this does, but I tried it in both positions with the same result. I dont want to fill the hot water heater with antifreeze as well as the water lines and so would appreciate any help available.
Thanks in advance
Golfinscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:46 AM   #485
Winnebago Camper

Hi, we had a good trip to the sunshine state with some wind and rain from IDA the coach on the WH chassis ran flawless all the way. Stopped at CW in Savannah, GA to have the rear roof A/C replaced and while there had them install a safe-t-plus steering stabilizer it is hard to put a price on safety.
There is a slightly different feel to the steering but not objective.
By the way the folks at CW were just great in getting us serviced.

VIC (VE3IHK)
05 ITASCA SUNRISE 33V
01 BUICK REGAL toad
Old 11-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #486
Winnebago Camper

Herb and Linda DuBois, new owners of a 2010 Sightseer 35J. We have had one shakedown weekend trip with some minor issues fixed by the dealer. We are leaving for a month long trip to Florida on Friday.

So far we are very pleased with our new MH.
Herbdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:54 AM   #487
Winnebago Camper

Happy Thanksgiving to all, Vic
Old 03-30-2010, 06:52 PM   #488
Winnebago Camper

Well no post here for months so I am going to chime in.

In the process of buying a 31J access. Very excited about it - should be here in about 6 weeks.

What else -- to be used mainly in Alaska where we live
mikeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:53 PM   #489
Winnebago Watcher

Lurk, lurk, lurk...

I think that lurk, lurk, lurk is from a muppet movie... But, lurking can be fun also! I have had class "A's" all they way up to a Travel Supreme Select 45' quad. Then worked my way all the way back to my current Meridian 32T. As for me, no more huge coaches. The darn things just don't bend in the middle, and I can't whip them around like my current "sports car" of a coach. I think the new 34" with the full side slide is the best thing since sliced bread! If it had only come out sooner!!! I saw someone's post about Newmar consideration. Had one of those also. Back in the days of the 3 year warranty I had a Dutch Star. Newmar makes a nice coach, but I will never leave Winne again. I am on #3. Maybe not the most luxurious and flashy, but solid as a rock! More innovation than anybody in the business. An won't be spending most of it's life in a "Service Drive."

Rick Smith
Meridian 32T
ricklsmith53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #490
Winnebago Camper

2004 Sightseer

We're new to the RV lifestyle and recently purchased a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer. We've been very impressed with it and cannot wait to use it. The only problem is that our daughter's family had to move from Michigan to Washington due to a new job. After owning the Winnie for 2 weeks, guess what they drove to Washington! We're flying out in June to return it home and are anxious to experience the joys of RV'ing. They mentioned that it drove like a dream and had zero problems with it.
Gary & Jane