Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #521
Winnebago Watcher

I've been a lurker for a long time and we finally pulled the trigger last week. Jerry went to Texas a brought home (Oregon) our new to us, 08 Winnebago Destination. We can't wait to try it out. I have learned allot on the forums. Thanks for all the help
Lu
Old 04-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #522
Winnie-Wise

Jerlu
I know where Wilderville is located. Very scenic area. We live in O'Brien, a bit more remote than is Wilderville but just as pretty. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do. Good Traveling.
Bob
Old 04-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #523
Winnebago Watcher

1ciderdog
We love southern Oregon, we travel by O'brien on our way to the coast. We own the Wonder Store. Stop in and say Hi
Old 04-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #524
Winnebago Camper

Hello, we have just purchased a 2005 Adventurer 38J and we love it. I have been reading and learning from this forum almost every day. I am looking forward to learning even more from the helpful people on this site. Life is Grand enjoy it while you can!!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #525
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the invite. I just joined this forum tonight. And three weeks ago traded a poorly built 32' motor home on what appears to be a very well constructed used 2010 Winnebago Adventurer 37F on the Workhorse Chassis. Haven't had a chance to drive but should be on the road again in a couple of weeks (full timer).

Been a member of several forums and glad to have thought of this one, now. It has already been a great help with the wiring diagram info available (not that I understand any of that)...I'd hate to pack up everything to take it to a dealer and all they do is plug in a loose wire in a panel I hadn't thought to look in....

Currently in the Texas Hill Country and headed west/northwest...someday our paths will cross, see you then!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:54 AM   #526
Winnebago Camper

About two weeks ago we traded up from a 2000 Fleetwood 5th wheel we've had since new to a 2011 Winnebago Vista 32K. We are thrilled.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #527
Winnebago Owner

New to Winnebago

We are picking up our 2004 Vectra in Florida next Friday and driving it back to upstate NY. We are so excited we can't sleep. We looked high and low for a 40AD model and found a few but they are scattered all over the country. Of course the 2 in NY state didn't pan out. One sold before we could get it and the other was a private sale and the guy was under water by 40k over NADA so he'll never sell it. I am suspicious that he didn't really want to sell it anyway. He loves it. So we found one at a dealer in Florida and we got it!

So cool!
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
Old 07-25-2011, 07:24 AM   #528
Winnebago Camper

lajuene: congrads and have a safe trip back to NY
Old 07-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #529

If you Have any WIT clubs/chapters in your area . Join, You will enjoy Your coach even more; They regulerly have meetings and discuss the likes and Dislikes of there coachs..
Old 07-26-2011, 03:49 AM   #530
Winnebago Owner

I have sent my application to WIT, waiting for reply. There are a couple chapters in NY. We will join one after we get settled. Joining the Freightliner club too and need to update my Coach-Net account, GoodSam account and change to full membership at FMCA...... work work work.

Now.... how many rallys is that per year??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
If you Have any WIT clubs/chapters in your area . Join, You will enjoy Your coach even more; They regulerly have meetings and discuss the likes and Dislikes of there coachs..
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
Old 07-26-2011, 04:25 AM   #531
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSSI View Post
Well; finally have the brake recall behind me, also never had any problems with them have driven over 1500 miles since and they don`t feel any difference from before so I guess ever thing is okay. Got to Lazy Days just before the vicious storm hit in the area, my appointment was for the next morning and the job was done by mid afternoon with no other problems found.
We arrived early morning and had the same experience. Great service and timing.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #532
37f
Winnebago Watcher

Hi, This is 37f, AKA Mike S.
I'm looking to go full time next year and was considering an Adventurer 37f for me and the wife. Would appreciate hearing from 37f owners as to their experience and whether or not this would be a good full time rig. How does it handle? I love the rockies.

Worried about pulling power, ( want to tow a trailer ), and wardrobe capacity. Other thoughts?
Thanks very much.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #533
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37f View Post
Hi, This is 37f, AKA Mike S.
I'm looking to go full time next year and was considering an Adventurer 37f for me and the wife. Would appreciate hearing from 37f owners as to their experience and whether or not this would be a good full time rig. How does it handle? I love the rockies.

Worried about pulling power, ( want to tow a trailer ), and wardrobe capacity. Other thoughts?
Thanks very much.
37f: Welcome to the forum.com!
As you can see from my sig. I'm "qualified" to answer your questions and I'll be glad to share my opinions. Regarding your "performance" questions... please clarify if you are buying a New 37F built on one of the Ford chassis choices, or a used one possibly on the Workhorse W24 chassis. Also, what is the weight of the trailer you hope to tow?

We bought ours specifically to get another bath & a half floorplan, which we would not want to be without. The King bed and three slide floorplan are quite spacious when set up, and we've not found wardrobe space to be a problem. The 4 door fridge and ice maker, plus large pantry are also improvements over our previous coach. I think it make a pretty good choice for full-timing, and it may be the best gasser for that purpose, but larger DP coaches will obviously have greater space and CCC, so expect plenty of advice from other members for you to go that route.....if you can afford it!

Let me know if you have specific questions about the 37F floorplan.
Ed
Old 08-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #534
37f
Winnebago Watcher

Hello Ed, Thanks for the response. The plan is to pull about 5K lbs. Loved the floorplan also.
Would consider either platform. Was leaning toward the 37f because we can buy a newer coach. DP coach would have to be 5 years old to fit the budget and I assume more to maintenance. We also like the smaller footprint, 38 feet vs. 40+ feet.
Thanks again,
Mike, 37f
Old 08-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #535
37f
Winnebago Watcher

Hi Again Ed,

I certainly would also be open to either platform for the 37f.
Thanks again,
Mike
Old 08-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #536
Winnie-Wise

37f: unless you find a leftover 2010, you will find only Ford chassis under a new coach. Winnebago used the last of the big WCC chassis during their 2010 model year. The biggest dirrerence is that the WCC powered coaches will have a GM V-8 and ALLISON 6 speed tranny, while the Ford chassis will be a V-10 and 5 speed Ford "torqueshift" tranny. Obviously, I prefer the WCC power and that is "why" we pulled the trigger when we could still get the 37F on one of the last of the WCC W-24.

As long as you don't overload the chassis GVWR (24,000 lbs) you will be "legal" towing 5,000 pounds because both brands offer a 30,000 GCVWR. IMO, neither is going to be a rocket ship towing in "the rockies", but both can do it satisfactorily if you drive with reasonable expectations. Keeping the RPMs in the optimal power range thru downshifting will take you up most any highway grade.

The 2011 37F has a larger rectangular shower, which I think is an improvement over the slightly smaller curved door shower in ours. And our basement A/C was replaced with 2 roof mounted units in the 2011 models. I think other than those two "major" differences, the two model years appear to be the same , except for the chassis and color choices, which are also different between Adventurer and Sun Cruiser.

Good luck in your search!
Ed
Old 08-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #537
Winnebago Owner

I don't know that I've piped in on this thread so I had to pull the trigger. We've RV'd in some form for several years off-and-on. Started with a pop-up and TT. Then a couple of years ago we went for a Class A gasser.

I'd always wanted a MH and couldn't resist the 1999 National Dolphin 36' we found that was in fantastic condition. Long story short, we bought it and enjoyed it a little over a year. Then I got a temp contract assignment in San Francisco for this year (2011). I hated to see the RV just sit back in TN so we put it up for sale....of course I wanted a little newer unit also! hehehe Ended up selling it in a couple months and started looking for a Winnebago that was a little shorter and had two slides. I got sold on the Winnebago when I saw the solid roof, support online, and so many other features that show that Winnebago has put thought into their RVs over the years.

We looked for months and finally found a 2002 32V, double slide, Winnebago Adventurer. Only problem was it was in Texas. So, after a lot of emails and calls I flew to Texas to look it over. Ended up buying it b/c it was as advertised. By the way, great dealer .... Best Preowned RV . Even got new hardwood floors in the RV and a warranty!

We're going off on our first 'run' with the RV over the next few weeks. Actually were going to a local state park that is closer to our daughter's house since the first grandchild is coming this week!!!!!!! So, keep us in mind with the new addition to the family and the new-to-use RV addition.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #538
Winnebago Watcher

I we're new to the forum and fairly new to motor homes. We started last year with a 26' Coachmen Class C and traded up this year to a Winnebago Vista 35F.
So far we are loving it. We are members of WIT, FMCA and Good Sam so we have a lot of campouts to attend before we say goodbye to work and head out on the road.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #539
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the forum and Winnebago. We are in your boat...next year we get to travel finally.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #540
Winnebago Camper

I'm on my third Winnebago

Good Evening , I was told years ago that Winnebago had the best engineering , and made a coach to last a long time . Well I lived in Pa. for a long time and had to have a inspection once a year , and even the inspectors said they were the best for the money .
Keep up the good work Winnebago.. Tommy Tucer
Closed Thread