Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #481
Winnebago Camper

Just like to put my 2cents worth in on the jacks (levelers), twisting the frame it goes further than that, the theory is it would also effect the roof to sides
(ditch joint) caulking seal over time. So which jacks go first and which last becomes very important, by the way I like to keep all the wheels on the ground jacks or no jacks boards do the trick at times with that.

VIC (VE3IHK)
05 ITASCA 33V
BUICK REGAL toad
Old 11-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #482
Winnebago Camper

Been around 2 days, saying hello to everyone. Jim and Brenda Kirkand
Old 11-04-2009, 03:16 AM   #483
Winnie-Wise

Just checking out my new Id
Old 11-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #484
Winnebago Camper

Journey 36 Owner Winterizing

I thinks this is my first post here and wouldnt ya know I have a question.
Yesterday I went to my storage facility to winterize my Journey (First winter for me) and have a few questions.
The coach has a Swan Industries automatic winterizing system with bypass and winterize switches located inside above the washer and dryer. I did call the previous owner to ask how he winterized, he said he didnt introduce antifreeze into the lines and believed that "one of the valves (either the bypass or the winterize) was now "manual". I drained the hot water heater, the H&C lines etc and following the directions in the Swan manual turned on both switches. (because I dont know which one does not work). As a double check that I was actually bypassing the hot water heater I hooked up city water and turned it on. Guess what, water poured out of the water heater drain. I could not find either the bypass valve or the winterize valve to check if they were working, any ideas where they may be?. The only other valve marked 'Normal' and 'Bypass' is next to the water pump, I have no idea what this does, but I tried it in both positions with the same result. I dont want to fill the hot water heater with antifreeze as well as the water lines and so would appreciate any help available.
Thanks in advance
Old 11-16-2009, 06:46 AM   #485
Winnebago Camper

Hi, we had a good trip to the sunshine state with some wind and rain from IDA the coach on the WH chassis ran flawless all the way. Stopped at CW in Savannah, GA to have the rear roof A/C replaced and while there had them install a safe-t-plus steering stabilizer it is hard to put a price on safety.
There is a slightly different feel to the steering but not objective.
By the way the folks at CW were just great in getting us serviced.

VIC (VE3IHK)
05 ITASCA SUNRISE 33V
01 BUICK REGAL toad
Old 11-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #486
Winnebago Camper

Herb and Linda DuBois, new owners of a 2010 Sightseer 35J. We have had one shakedown weekend trip with some minor issues fixed by the dealer. We are leaving for a month long trip to Florida on Friday.

So far we are very pleased with our new MH.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:54 AM   #487
Winnebago Camper

Happy Thanksgiving to all, Vic
Old 03-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #488
Winnebago Camper

Well no post here for months so I am going to chime in.

In the process of buying a 31J access. Very excited about it - should be here in about 6 weeks.

What else -- to be used mainly in Alaska where we live
Old 03-31-2010, 04:53 PM   #489
Winnebago Watcher

Lurk, lurk, lurk...

I think that lurk, lurk, lurk is from a muppet movie... But, lurking can be fun also! I have had class "A's" all they way up to a Travel Supreme Select 45' quad. Then worked my way all the way back to my current Meridian 32T. As for me, no more huge coaches. The darn things just don't bend in the middle, and I can't whip them around like my current "sports car" of a coach. I think the new 34" with the full side slide is the best thing since sliced bread! If it had only come out sooner!!! I saw someone's post about Newmar consideration. Had one of those also. Back in the days of the 3 year warranty I had a Dutch Star. Newmar makes a nice coach, but I will never leave Winne again. I am on #3. Maybe not the most luxurious and flashy, but solid as a rock! More innovation than anybody in the business. An won't be spending most of it's life in a "Service Drive."

Rick Smith
Meridian 32T
Old 04-07-2010, 06:07 AM   #490
Winnebago Camper

2004 Sightseer

We're new to the RV lifestyle and recently purchased a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer. We've been very impressed with it and cannot wait to use it. The only problem is that our daughter's family had to move from Michigan to Washington due to a new job. After owning the Winnie for 2 weeks, guess what they drove to Washington! We're flying out in June to return it home and are anxious to experience the joys of RV'ing. They mentioned that it drove like a dream and had zero problems with it.
Gary & Jane
Old 04-14-2010, 08:42 AM   #491
Winnebago Camper

Had a good drive home to Ontario from Florida, except for 700 miles of very gusty winds which took the mileage down for the 1568 miles with the Buick Regal in tow to 7.08 m/g. The coach performed flawless & the WH chassis sure can take the punishment with some of the bad roads the Winter left behind, it is enough to loose the fillings from your teeth.
Take care
Old 04-14-2010, 09:18 AM   #492
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Skype™ to J&SW
New Owners

Just purchased our first MH. 2004 Itasca Sunrise 32V (affectionately called Tassie). We did some camping for years in an old 1972 Starcraft popup. Loved those times. Both DW and I are recently retired educators, and planning on doing extensive traveling across our great country and Canada. This forum seems particularly informative, and we look forward to learning a lot, and eventually meeting up with some of you as we travel. If anyone gets to our neck of the woods (Santa Cruz, CA) please give us a shout.

Jim, Sandy, and Tassie
Old 05-03-2010, 06:40 AM   #493
Winnebago Camper

Hi every one; we are getting ready for our next local club rally, as usualy I spend some time checking over the MH after a 1560m run and before leaving for the rally. Nothing major the roof to side ( ditch joint ) on the rear passenger side about 2ft needed re-caulking, other then that just normal stuff happy about that.
Take care Vic
Old 05-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #494
Winnebago Watcher

Send a message via Yahoo to Superex
Yes, I am a new member of iRV2, own a 1998 Vectra on an F53 chassis and have a question about my slide adj. May I ask here and get an answer?
Old 05-18-2010, 11:29 PM   #495
Winnebago Watcher

Just joined

Been lurking for a long time, time to join.
posted in the New Member check In.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #496
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
Hey gang,as sort of the "newest" Winnebago Owners Forum moderator on the block,I've been wondering just how many of our readers are purely in the silent lurking phase.
Many times throughout the day,the "guest" list to this site far exceeds the number of members here....It made me curious,so I'm asking specifically those of you that are gueststo participate.
You might possibly be a current Winnebago owner, or even someone contemplating the future purchase of a Winnebago product.

I would like to ask anyone who has never posted in the Winnebago forum to consider making one post.The purpose for this post would sort of be an online roll call...

Your post could introduce yourself,or maybe the type of rig you own or are interested in. PLEASE FEEL FREE to make a one-time post and then lurk again if desired.

Thank you for visiting the Winnebago Forum!

iRV2.com's Mission Statement:
"Efficiently Support the Thoughtful Exchange of Knowledge, Values and Experiences Among RV Enthusiasts."
I love our 2001 Adventurer 35U.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #497
Winnebago Camper

Hi,

I joined in the chat a week ago but haven't posted here.

My husband, Tom, and I purchased our first RV this year and took delivery right after Labor Day. It's a 2011 Vista 30W. So far we've made a couple of 2 night shake-down/break-in trips. The first was only 10 miles from home, the second a 100. A week from today we'll be loading her up for our first real outing - a 10-12 day trip to the North Carolina mountains.

So far we, and the 4 cats, are happy we finally took the plunge and did what we've been talking about for years.

Fran
Old 10-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #498
Winnebago Owner

We just bought our first motorhome, a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U a couple of weeks ago. Had our first weekend away last weekend. My wife and I like the idea of "Roughing it Smoothly". Likely members of our entourage on the road will be me "Les", my wife "Bonnie", my daughter "Morgan" and our Dachshound "Bella". I came across iRV2 on the web looking for some answers to questions on the RV we purchased and decided to join the "Club" and now joined the Winnebago Owners Club. We will probably be part-timers for many years yet as my wife's lifestyle requirements currently have me on the "Freedom 98" plan. Happy travels to all and see you out there.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #499
Winnebago Owner

Regarding Leveling jacks. I'm a carpenter by trade and one of the things I'm going to start doing is carry a 4' level and some varying thicknesses of small pieces of wood on my coach. The theory behind this is the twisting of the chassis when on un-level ground. If the jacks come down at the same time, they will jack the coach following the contour of the ground below it. All it would take is a 2 second check with the level between the levelers back and front to know what jacks to put down first and as well side to side. Shims of wood could be put under the longest throw and the coach would come up close to level from the get go. This could possible alleviate some of the twisting of the chassis. I'm sure this could be done by looking at the bubbles inside the coach but using the level would give you an idea of how much ground level is off by looking at the gap under the level on the low side.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #500
JDG
Winnebago Camper

Just purchased a 2001 Itasca 35ft Suncruiser. While washing it i noticed at the roof line were it meets the side wall the is track thatb looks like a one time there was some Chalking. What type if any do I need to use.
My wife and I love our coach, and plan on doing a lot of travling now that I am retired.
Closed Thread