Old 09-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #239
Winnebago Master

codgerbill;

Welcome to the forum and the Winnebago Owners Form. Congratulations on your move up to a 2000 Adventure from a popup. You & your wife as well as Buddy should have some great traveling experiences. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Our members are willing and able to answer most questions you may have. Post often and let us know how your transition is going.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:45 PM   #240
Winnebago Master

tod;

Welcome to the forum and the Winnebago Forum. You have a great coach. We are glad you joined us. I have no experience with steer-safe bu we certainly have members who do. Hopefully they will jump in here and help you with your question. Post often, ask questions, & keep us advised on your traveling adventures.

on
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 09-29-2007, 03:00 PM   #241
Winnebago Camper

Hi codgerbill
I remember the tent and tent trailer. Also the bad words thrown around tryng to back the trailer into a space.
We may have an old rv...but never plan on going back.
Welcome to the board!

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
veercan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:04 PM   #242
Winnebago Camper

Tod
Welcome to the group!

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
Old 09-30-2007, 07:34 PM   #243
Winnebago Camper

Hi from Atlanta, GA. We're picking up a 2006 Adventurer 38J tomorrow. Hubby is retired but both of us work part-time and don't plan on full-timing (yet!). We bought our first RV in 2003 (Keystone Everest 5th wheel) and finally made the decision to spare the bucks and get the real thing. I'm glad I found this forum and look forward to reading and contributing posts. For a while, I think my posts will all be in the question form (lol) but look forward to the day when I can feel like an oldtimer. Thanks, everyone, for providing so much great information in this forum.

sunnydays (Rick and Carol)
2006 Winnie 38J Adventurer
Atlanta, Georgia

(and Penni the dachshund)
sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #244
Winnebago Camper

Welcome the the board sunnydays(rick and carol)

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
Old 10-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #245
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the welcome, Glenda and Grant. We brought our '06 Adventurer home a short while ago and got 1/2 our stuff transferred from our 5'er before it got dark. Wouldn't you know it, gotta work the next two days and have a family commitment this weekend, so we won't get to really try it out for a few more days. We now have some thoughts/questions I'd like to pose to the more informed, so as I get time, I'll check in and address those in the appropriate forum thread. Happy to be here!

(and Penni the dachshund)
sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #246
Winnie-Wise

Just got back home from our trip to San Diego. 1100 plus miles and performance was better that expected. 6.3 MPG and it went up the grapevine (I5) at 50 plus except when cutoff by some fool darting in and out of traffic. It would then drop down to 30 MPH or so. I could then slowly pick back up to the 50 MPH range.

I was very impressed with the overall handling, steering, braking, etc.

The major concern is the loss of 2 quarts of oil, most of it ending up on the toad. I have an appointment with the Workhorse repair facility for next week. We have a short list of minor problems that the dealer will fix this week.

The more we get used to the interior layout the more we like it. It is not the perfect lay out, I doubt that the perfect floor plan exists.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #247
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the welcome, Glenda and Grant. We brought our '06 Adventurer home a short while ago and got 1/2 our stuff transferred from our 5'er before it got dark. Wouldn't you know it, gotta work the next two days and have a family commitment this weekend, so we won't get to really try it out for a few more days. We now have some thoughts/questions I'd like to pose to the more informed, so as I get time, I'll check in and address those in the appropriate forum thread. Happy to be here!

Every day is a learning experience.
We still have not been out in our 'new to us ' RV!!
Next year!!
They are talking snow later this week...That's Saskatchewan!! Wait 5 minites and the weather will change!!
Again welcome to the board!!

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #248
Winnebago Camper

Just got back home from our trip to San Diego. 1100 plus miles and performance was better that expected. 6.3 MPG and it went up the grapevine (I5) at 50 plus except when cutoff by some fool darting in and out of traffic. It would then drop down to 30 MPH or so. I could then slowly pick back up to the 50 MPH range.

We have always wondered how the mileage would be o a new RV. I wonder if 6.3MPH is average??

Owners of a 27 ft 1975
Old 10-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #249
Winnebago Camper

Location: Columbia SC on our way to Sweet Home Oregon ETA 25 Sept 08
Just checking in as requsted way back in 03 . I'm also a member of WIT and have been looking at the monthly publication page by page. Guess what? Never saw this wealth of info web site monitored by Winnebago mentioned once. Just basically stumbled upon it. We think our 33V w/ W-22 Chevy 8.1 is the best RV available. The James Bond couch (Rest Easy) and tip out storage (Store More) bins are the greatest. Actually have an extra set of knee pads now that I don't need them in the RV any longer . The 04 did not come with Billstein shocks so am having Camping World do this modification and some kind of front end steering stabelizer. Check my profile for more and again in a couple weeks and I'll update the front end stabilizer factoid. From what I've been reading, the Ultra Power package will do everything the other company markets "they" will do for 1/3 the price. Not really looking for >MPG juz some extra pedal room taking on the big hills in the West where Fort Living Room will be located.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 AM   #250
Winnebago Owner

Hi all! We are going to be picking up our 2004 Adventurer 37b in about 1 week, so I thought I would drop in a note.Looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing info.

Joe & Sherri
JWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #251
Winnebago Master

Joe & Sherri;

Congratulations on your new to you Adventure. Winnebago makes some great coaches and I believe you will enjoy yours. Welcome to the Winnebago Forum. Post often and let us know how everything is going. We have a wealth of information available to you just by asking. You will find friendly owners who will be most happy to answer any questions you may have.

Don
Old 11-29-2007, 05:14 AM   #252
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Congratulations on your new to you Adventure. Winnebago makes some great coaches and I believe you will enjoy yours. Welcome to the Winnebago Forum. Post often and let us know how everything is going. We have a wealth of information available to you just by asking. You will find friendly owners who will be most happy to answer any questions you may have.

Don
Thanks, Don. We are very excited and are foaming at the mouth in anticipation. I wish it happened a few months ago so the weather would be better, but better than never!

Joe & Sherri
JWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote