Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #181
Winnebago Watcher

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking for a while, figured now that we are going to keep our Itasca Sunova and not trade it in on a model with a bunk bed I'd post and join the winnebago forum.
I am an Air Traffic Controller from Indianapolis, IN. Me and my family are part timers that try to make the most of the summer while school is out. We have one boy and one girl and three dogs atm ( Taken up to two with us RV'ing at any one time.) We've only been RV'ing for a few years and I'm always browsing the boards to find useful info from this great wealth of information.
We have a 2004 Itasca Sunova 35', on a workhorse chasis. I've done a few modifications including having safe steer installed, had motion satellite installed. My father and myself just recently replaced the microwave with a convection microwave and changed out the TV and put in a sherwood 2 speaker simulated surround sound. Oh I also removed the swivel chair and drove up to elkart and got a 52" Jack knife sofa to put in place of the table and swivel recliner. We only have 12k miles on our motorhome but loving having our vacation home with us wherever we go, and no more hotel rooms YAH !! My next adventure is to shop for a tow dolly so we can bring a car with us on the road. We will prolly only tow a car 3 or 4 times a season, and while I've read that 4 down vehicles are a bit easier to manage from a towing standpoint, we are happy with our vehicles.
Thank you all for your contributions so far, nice to have a place where I can keep up with RV info since I'm a part timer.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:02 PM   #182
Winnebago Master

Belated welcome Doula to irv2 and the Winnebago forum.
Congrats on your first class "A" many happy and safe miles.
Enjoy all the forums and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Old 06-08-2007, 06:08 PM   #183
Winnebago Master

Welcome Rakshir to irv2 and the Winnebago forum.
Thats all the fun of owning a MH FIXING her up the way you want her.
Many safe and happy miles for you.
Enjoy all the forums and do post often.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:11 AM   #184
TAN
Winnebago Owner

My wife and I have been living in an Itasca Sunova 29R for two years, and loving it.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:17 AM   #185
Winnebago Watcher

Hi. My wife and I are new to the RV world and I read these post a lot just trying to gather information and ideas. We have a 1999, 31 ft. Itasca with 48,000 miles on it. It looks new. I believe the previous owner has taken real good care of it. Have only taken it out 1 weekend and we got hooked. Going again the 29th of this month. Just taking short trips to start out with. We both live in Canton, Tx and work in Dallas which is a 75 mile drive one way. Before you say we are crazy, we have 5 acres in the country and love the peace and quite. I am 62 and my wife is 65. Hope to retire in about 3 more years.Hope to run into some of you sometime down the road. If any of you can give me any heads up on any problems with this Motor Home, I sure would like to know about it. It is a 454 Chevy.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:52 AM   #186
Winnebago Master

Welcome TAN to irv2
Congrats on your MH and your new lifestyle.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
If you want to be a member of Winnebago forum just say the word.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:02 AM   #187
Winnebago Master

Welcome Bad News to irv2.
Can't say its all bad news if you are enjoying your new coach with all the miles on it and the previous owner took care of it as you say.
A coach that is used and enjoyed is good for everyone involved yourself and coach.
I would say all systems are a go, but just as a home there are things that will require maintinance which is the norm.
I would say enjoy your MH and put some miles on it.
Enjoy the forums and do post often, if you want to be part of the Winnebago forum just let us know.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:28 AM   #188
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad News:
Hi. My wife and I are new to the RV world and I read these post a lot just trying to gather information and ideas. We have a 1999, 31 ft. Itasca with 48,000 miles on it. It looks new. I believe the previous owner has taken real good care of it. Have only taken it out 1 weekend and we got hooked. Going again the 29th of this month. Just taking short trips to start out with. We both live in Canton, Tx and work in Dallas which is a 75 mile drive one way. Before you say we are crazy, we have 5 acres in the country and love the peace and quite. I am 62 and my wife is 65. Hope to retire in about 3 more years.Hope to run into some of you sometime down the road. If any of you can give me any heads up on any problems with this Motor Home, I sure would like to know about it. It is a 454 Chevy.
Hi BN... Wife and I have similar situation. We live in Picayune, MS and work in New Orleans, LA. Currently we live on our own two acre campground (only has one site now) while we build our home. But we plan for three RV hookups when we are finished.
Don't know much about that particular motorhome, but if the engine and drive line are good, I don't think 48,000 miles are very much. I know Chevy trucks that have two hundred thousand on them.
As far as Motorhoming in general, we also like it very much. Hope to keep our rig "forever" and grow old with it. This forum is the right place for answers and lots of good friends too.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:18 AM   #189
Winnebago Watcher

I am a new member to this site and a new(er) coach owner. What a difference from my pop-up! Camping and travel are two of my favorite past times, along with most anything else outdoors. Being a mechanic by trade (25-plus years as an aircraft maintainer in the Air Force and nearly as many automotive wise) I like tinkering around with this or that. While snooping/lurking through the posts I see a wealth of information and folks as friendly as the ones we meet during our travels. Thanks in advance for all your wisdom!
Old 06-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #190
Winnebago Watcher

Hi, My wife and I just bought a 2007 Itasca Sunova 33T 2 weeks ago. We moved up from a Class C Freelander 2600SO. We fell in love with the 33T it has everything we wanted in an RV. I just stumbled on the Winnie site but looking forward to chatting with fellow Winnebago and Itasca owners.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:57 AM   #191
Winnebago Watcher

Hi, I am new to the Winnebago Forum, My wife, Mary and I just purchased a 2007 Itasca Sunova 33T 3 weeks ago. We both fell in love with coach when the sales person inroduced us to it. It just seemed to have everything we wanted, and a few extras added. I plan on retiring in 2 or 3 years and we wanted to get the coach of our dreams while we were still working. We have been RVing for about a year. We had a 2006 Coachman Freelander. We enjoy it so much meeting new people and seeing new places, now we are looking forward to spending a lot more time doing what we love.

Bob & Mary 2007 Itasca Sunova, 33T
Old 06-17-2007, 05:16 AM   #192
Administrator Emeritus

WELCOME to the Winnebago Forum AND iRV2!

Congrats on the purchase of your dream coach, we look forward to hearing more of your experiences getting to know "her" better!

At iRV2 we enjoy not only the opportunity to share our thoughts and ideas in the various forums, but also the many opportunities that allow us to get together with one another and USE our RV's!!
On the main forum page there are always discussions brewing where our members are planning small regional gatherings...I'm sure they'd LOVE to meet you!
Old 06-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #193
Winnebago Master

Bob & Mary

Welcome to the forum. This is the best and friendliest site on the web. You made a wise choice in motor home manufactures as well. I may be a little prejudice but I think Winnnebago makes some of the finest. Post often and ask questions when you have some. You will always find someone eager to help you.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 06-21-2007, 06:46 AM   #194
Winnebago Watcher

Hi just joined today june 21,2007. i,m retired and own a 2000 winnabago brave. I,m sure if i need any information this forum can provide it
Old 06-21-2007, 07:15 AM   #195
Winnebago Master

Richard:

Welcome to the forum.com . You will certainly find many friendly and helpful folks here. We look forward to your sharing RV experiences with us.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #196
Winnebago Camper

This 'silent lurker' has joined the forum & has a deposit on a 2007 Meridian 36G to be picked up July 5. But after reading the posts about the troubles many of you have had, I am shaking in my boots!! I guess I will go through the PDI very carefully & hope for the best.

Doug, Marilyn, Benny & Doodles
Old 06-26-2007, 06:40 PM   #197
Winnebago Master

Wel come powermower to irv2
Congrats on your new to be Itasca. Many happy and safe miles.
If you go to New Rig Show off forum you will find a PDI list.
Just be asking questions until you get the answers you want before passing the check.
You may get a coach made on a good day.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:01 PM   #198
Winnebago Watcher

My brother and I just purchased a 81 Winnebago Warrior.. Beautiful Shape and few cosmetic flaws, however, we need an owners manual, the auxiliary battery has been removed and we need to replace it.

Terry, <Cold Flamingo
Bruce, <Belize Bruce
Old 07-04-2007, 07:40 PM   #199
Winnebago Owner

Terry & Bruce...
aka Cold Flamingo & Belize Bruce...
Welcome to the forum! Cold Flamingo- does that mean you are blue and not pink? Be careful... the Texas Boomer group might be recruiting you!

Post often and enjoy the posts here!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #200
Winnebago Watcher

I am brand new here. In fact I just put down a deposit on a Vista 30B TODAY! Seems to be alot in this MH for the money. I trust the Winnebago name so not worried at all. It is not a top of the line coach but seems to be solid with good "bones". It has every option you can get. Only thing that worries me is that I have read that with only one A/C it will be impossible to be comfortable in anything over 90 degrees. We plan on some desert trips so hope this info is wrong. Anyway, I am 55 and the wife (read "BOSS") is 66. I am retired Navy and an Optician. Plan to use the Vista for weekends and such for about a year or so then will retire and use it whenever we want for how ever long we want Sounds like a heck of a plan to us. So Hello to all.

Alan
Closed Thread