Old 09-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCold
Unfortunately that price is what we get stuck with up here :(

It is generally accepted that we will pay 10-20% more up here (atleast). I guess to put in perspective, my next closest option up here was an 07 seeya for the same price...but it needed a new everything. Paint, interior, generator....
I think from your comments that you are pretty well down the road on this purchase and unlikely to change direction at this point....BUT....if you are planning to throw-in another 10K to get this thing right....for a total of $92K....take a moment.

The selection of DP's in Alberta may be pretty limited, but the selection in Arizona, Texas, California and for that matter the rest of the US is NOT limited. It is also kinda tough when you are sitting in Alberta (which is still booming) to appreciate that the economy in much of the US is still pretty soft. In other words...you are making your choice/decision based on a low supply / high priced market...where with a little effort you could expand your search to include some high supply / much lower priced market(s).

We bought our MH in Los Angeles and drove it back to Alberta....this was an easy, easy proposition so don't be intimidated or afraid to expand your search into the USA.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Dale, welcome to the forum. Once you determine if the tires are original, they should be replaced before any long trips.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

I just emailed the current owners to find out about the tires-You are all correct, that will be extremely important.

Many thanks;
Dale
TooCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
I think from your comments that you are pretty well down the road on this purchase and unlikely to change direction at this point....BUT....if you are planning to throw-in another 10K to get this thing right....for a total of $92K....take a moment.

We bought our MH in Los Angeles and drove it back to Alberta....this was an easy, easy proposition so don't be intimidated or afraid to expand your search into the USA.
I have been looking in the US also still waiting for a call back on a sweet 08 diplomat, if they drop 40 grand in price , but I have a sneaking suspicion that with anything but A new unit, I will want to do "stuff" so I am satisfied its safe. One question though, do they zing us with GST when you come across the border?
TooCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:16 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCold

I have been looking in the US also still waiting for a call back on a sweet 08 diplomat, if they drop 40 grand in price , but I have a sneaking suspicion that with anything but A new unit, I will want to do "stuff" so I am satisfied its safe. One question though, do they zing us with GST when you come across the border?
You betta cha! No way you can avoid Canadian taxes.....but you will not need to pay US State taxes.....you'll also have to calculate your travel costs to get it back to Edmonton (time-off work, diesel, campground fees, food, etc) plus inspection fees (federal & provincial - no big deal $400). Make sure you also have you air brake endorsement before you get too far down this road.

All in.....way better selection & choice.....way better prices. Remember if you save 30% on 100K....well I wouldn't be in too big a rush. You won't be doing much RVing in N.Alberta over the next six months!
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote