Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-12-2018, 10:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Scooter Raton Checking in!

Hey all thanks for the forum and great info I have already found! This looks like my kinda place.

Yes...by my name you may see that scooters are involved in my life! OK...more than involved...closer to an obsession. I am a vintage scooter rider and collector along with a few modern twist and go scooters and a modern maxi scooter.

We have owned an 06 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser Mini for 12 years. We have had several issues over the years but all in all we have loved it...and the fuel mileage! It has acted as a support vehicle on two scooter cannonball runs, 2012 Savannah to San Diego and 2016 Jacksonville to Seattle. Bocette did an awesome job during those events as I was a rider (1967 Vespa GT with P200 motor.) We have had many great times with this rig...but it is time.

Tomorrow we pick up our 2018 Winnebago Vista 29VE! I plan on going over it in excruciating detail. We are not rookies so we know how it goes!

We are very excited and we are looking forward to our new righ and to participating in this community!

Thanks for letting me join a group I probably wouldn't let me into!
ScooterRaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Howdy and welcome! Congrats on the new rig; we are going to want to see some pics!
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the warm welcome. We picked up on Thursday. First did a thorough inspection. The checklist I found on this forum helped a lot! Thanks! We did notice a vibration at about 65 mph. It had been on the lot for awhile and I will probably do the CHF have tires balanced and have it aligned.

We love it. We do not care for frameless windows so the 2018 with the sliding windows was right for us. The outdoor kitchen was not a deal breaker but I think we will wind up using it more than I thought we would. We already used it to keep drinks cold and grill.

Photos to follow...need to resize!
ScooterRaton is offline   Reply With Quote