Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2018, 05:08 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Our 1st Travel Trailer / RV

Greetings to the Winnie forums!

We've recently purchased a '18 Micro Minnie 2100BH trailer at a local dealer, but haven't even been able to pick it up yet. We're in Minnesota, and the weather these past few days has been, well, not conducive to picking up a trailer.

Our tow vehicle is an F150 crew cab 4X4 with the 5.0L V8, and have purchased an Equalizer WD hitch that I'll need to install @ the dealers when we have the opportunity to pick up the trailer.

We both still have so much to learn and are really looking forward to future road trips.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi there!

Welcome to the thread, I just joined myself. Congrats on your new purchase!! There must be a lot of anticipation. My wife and I are brand new to Towing and TT's. I have been doing a ton of research, talking to friends and family who are experienced and have been shocked at just how much there is to learn and consider from a safety and comfort perspective. Based purely on research my wife and I are strongly considering purchasing a 2100BH. Seems like it would be a great fit for us and should work for about the next 10 years. We definitely plan on going to a dealer and walking through a couple different floor plans prior to committing to anything.
Seems as though you should be able to pull this micro with ease. Myself on the other hand, will be towing with a 2016 Honda Pilot with a 5000 pound Max rating. If my estimates are fairly accurate, traveling with dry tanks I should be around 4,200 pounds loaded which would put me just over 80% of my tow capacity. It's been strongly suggested that I do not exceed that and it seems obvious why. There are so many things that I still need to learn and ultimately make a decision on like this being a new floor plan can I find one used, where is the best place to finance, what style weight distribution hitch should I go with, how much are my registration and insurance fees, how many years should I finance, just to name a few.

That's about enough about myself. When will you be picking up your 2100 BH? Did you consider buying used and if so did you find any? How much cargo by weight do you anticipate traveling with?
Filshere is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel