Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

newbie needs help!

I would like to go full time within the next month or so. I have been looking at some different class c MH and I found a 2007 Winnebago Outlook 31C. It has almost everything I want in a MH, but I really would like to hear from anyone who has had any experience with a Winnebago. Do they handle well on the road? Are they a decent MH to purchase? Are there things that drove you nuts about them? Things like that? I am having problems finding any reviews online from people who have actually had one. This will be my first rig and I want to make sure it's the right one for me. Any info you guys can give me will be a great help!!
cammysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Here's a link to some previous threads that may give you some insight. I'll also move this to the Winnebago forum to get more owners to respond. Good luck.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Winne...earch=irv2.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks so much!!
Old 06-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Hello,

Our history is we bought a 18 year old rig for 9k class a to find out for us if this life style was for us. Drove it to NM from FL and traded it in on a new one 2 years later. Upgraded to a better Winnebago 35' Class A 2 years again. Have never looked back. During this time I've had my share of horses rears awards and learned some things that I paid for painfully.

My point is I have had so many rv buddies that went into this with both eyes open and ended up selling their rig shortly thereafter. Some folks come into this with the glass half full and then there are others who can't take their happiness with them. JUst make sure you enjoy the lifestyle, you look forward to your next adventure, and can be a good listener about rv savvy. I have learned so much.

As for Winnebago, I am one of their poster children when it comes to singing their praises. They have met or exceeded my expectations as to how a company treats their customers. No complaints.

Hope this helps,

Phil
Old 06-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Had a B plus (not Winnebago) & upgraded to 36' Winnebago. Love it. Much better quality. Handles well & is very comfy. I am truly a happy camper.
marthalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Are you single or married? Any pets? How long are you going to full time? Do you still work? These are all factors that may affect your decision.

If single, a 31' Class C can be plenty of motor home. For two people a Class A might work out better in a long term full time mode.

I don't think you can go wrong with a Winnebago. I own two currently. I like Winnebago for the factory support and many owners willing to share information. Tiffin is also good in that respect. There are many good brands available, so if it meets your needs and is in good shape I would consider other brands as well.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I will be solo with pets. As for how long I will be full time I can't answer that. I guess that's what I like about this life style, I can choose when ever I want to come off the road. I want to be full time for as long as I can. I get that things might happen that I might have to come off the road. But for the near future I don't want to be in a S&B
Old 06-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

I think you would find the Outlook 31C to be just right for your needs, especially with the TV and storage in the cab over section. This would provide plenty of storage for a solo full timer. I think you woul also find it easy to drive and maintain.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for all the advice guys. Really appreciate it!!!