Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2017, 06:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Thumbs up New Winnie Via Owners

Greetings from Ray & SBD
We live in CT and have just purchased our first motorhome--a 2010 Winnebago Via (we hear the gasps!). We're looking forward to RVing when we can fully trust Big Easy because it now its in the repair shop for the third time in 60 days! We are hopeful, and hoping, to find answers on this site to some ongoing issues. Not problems--but opportunities to learn more about the Via and great places to visit! All will be well...
Ray D _SBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray D _SBD View Post
Greetings from Ray & SBD
We live in CT and have just purchased our first motorhome--a 2010 Winnebago Via (we hear the gasps!). We're looking forward to RVing when we can fully trust Big Easy because it now its in the repair shop for the third time in 60 days! We are hopeful, and hoping, to find answers on this site to some ongoing issues. Not problems--but opportunities to learn more about the Via and great places to visit! All will be well...
We have a 2010 Itasca Reyo 25R. We have traveled over 70K mies, relatively trouble free.
Interesting travels include 2 trips to Yellowstone and Tetons, Glacier, Nova Scotia, Niagara Falls, Great Smoky Mountains, as no several tips to FL.
Still looks brand new. The best upgrade we did was to replace the queen bed mattress with a much thicker foam one.
We have a month long western trip planned for August 2019
Best wishes getting your repairs done and enjoying your traveks
Tom49Reyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks, Tom. Enjoy your travels!
RayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Just bought a 2011 Via Q25 with 59K on the clock and will bring it home Friday. I know it's been close to 2 years but how are you guys doing with yours?
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:05 PM   #5
SBD
Winnebago Watcher

Congrats on purchase. I am seldom on this site, mostly because so much to do and I forget. We are doing great. Use it all summer locally, which was a pleasant surprise as we only thought about leaving in the winter, generally for 2-3 months to get out of cold for a bit. Since the initial work after purchase, we found another service provider closer to home. They have been great doing annual maintenance as on a car. We've had no issues at all. Because of the draws from various built in electronics, which draws .4 amps, we have a battery tender plugged into power all the time. Recently had mechanic make adjustment so that tender can be plugged in without lifting hood each time. It basically hangs out over grill when plugged in. Unfortunately, there was not enough room in engine compartment to put in a lithium battery so installed marine-type deep cycle (Midstate, I believe).
We also replaced mattress after first winter so sleeping improved 100%. Nothing has gone wrong. Since we've had three years now, and put on about 10,000 miles (had about 26,000 on purchase), this year we put on 4 new tires and the new battery. We were experiencing a beeping noise on and off from frig. Thought it had to do with leveling (we do not have automatic levelers) but since battery replaced beeping has gone. All is well and we continue to be pleased with the product.
SBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:47 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the report, good to hear. Fortunately I will be able to do all my maintenance and most repairs myself. The tender is on my list, with 5 vehicles I use them a lot. I installed one under the hood of my Superduty and put a power inlet in the bumper so I can just plug in an ordinary extension cord and will do the same on the Via. A common failure as the Sprinter puts on miles is the two NOX sensors which are pricey, as well as the EGR valve. Fortunately for me my seller just had all that replaced at Mercedes. I also found out about Sumo Springs the eliminate most of the "rock & roll" like you get when coming out of a fuel station onto the road, also helps when semis roar by you.

I have found mostly favorable reviews for the Via with a few bad ones, Only one person complained that "it handled poorly" while others reported it drove like a dream. After looking at a lot of Type C and Type B units that were cramped and overpriced I feel like I really got my moneys worth on this one. Looking forward to some travel however we live in a winter destination so most of our travel will be in the summer to escape the desert heat.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:00 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Minnie Newbie

Hey all! Just recently purchased a very lightly used 2500 RL Minnie with the
intention of taking to GA and leaving it for a home base for my bride and myself
while we visit with our kids and our grandkids. We looked at many types of rv’s and had this one just about fall into our laps. Being it's a 2018, there are a few
things that need tending to before the grand first trip, but certainly nothing major
at all. Looking forward to this site’s knowledge and experience! Kevin
kevdrich is offline   Reply With Quote