Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2018, 04:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

New Winnebago Owner

Greetings,
My name is Jeff, my wife (Cheryl) and our Mini-Dachsund Izzy are originally from Rockwal, Texas. In June of 2015 we liberated ourselves, retired, and sold it all. We began fulltiming in a 2014 Fleetwood Discovery. We have traveled to the Canadian Martime Provinces, East Coast From Maine to Florida, and many parts of the mid west. We would not change this lifestyle for anything. Starting Monday our journey of discovering North America continues in a 2017 Tour...we are very excited. Looking forward to being a part of this group, and who knows maybe we’ll see you down the road. Safe Travels!
jcatexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Congrats and welcome!
Old 02-03-2018, 03:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Hi Jeff..I am new here as well. I will be in a class C going to the Canadian Maritimes from the Phoenix area up to B.C. and over the entire Canadian landscape (fishing off my kayak at times) on my way over there. If I can ask you, did you find the eastern part of Canada rv friendly and did it seem like the American dollar went a little longer there (except for the price of Canadian gas)? Thanks so much. Happy travels to you and your family...Robert
robertnoblea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Good luck in your new rig. We have had 4 Winnebago's and our current one has had some hitches but we have them worked out and will have over 20,000 miles by the time we get home from our winter trip. Hope you have safe travels.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Welcome...Canada is very RV friendly, roads are no different than in the US. Their national parks are great and everyone one of them we stayed at could accept any RV size. With a good exchange rate (currently 1.24 US to the CAD it will offset some of their higher tax rates). Gas was about 3.00 a gallon the past summer/diesel about 4.00. If using a credit card check with your credit card company some charge foreign transaction fees. You will have a great time I am sure of it.
jcatexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago