Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-07-2018, 06:28 AM   #1
2016 Winnebago Navion 24J

New to Winnie Owners, 2016 24J

Hi everyone, I just recently started looking for sites for info on my 2016 Navion 24J. We purchased it used in 2016 with 7200 miles on it from Demontrond RV in Houston.

Since we have never owned an RV we used the drive back to Sarasota, Florida as a learning experience. It was Labor Day and it took 8 hours to drive from Houston to Beaumont, TX (85 miles). Thankfully we stopped for a few provisions before leaving Houston and were able to eat, drive and learn about our new home while diving 5 mph (or less) for the next 8 hours.

Our first stop was just past the TX in Louisiana at a Walmart. We had not planned that stop because we figured we would have been much further from from Houston than we were on our first day. It was real hot and had to run the diesel generator for the AC. Needless to say it was a sleepless night because the noise from the generator and the AC was overwhelming for a newbie.

Second night was Alabama and we were attacked by mosquitos while trying to set up camp for the "first time" ever! I had no idea of what I was doing but "I got er' dun". The people in the park could tell that we were newbies and were very helpful and that made us realize that this was the start of our new adventures.

Every trip has been a learning experience, and we will be leaving for our 3rd trip to California in September. California 2016 was southern route going west, and mid level going east back home. All was smooth as silk for 29 days.

California 2017 was..... frankly a disaster! It started with hurricane Irma delaying our start by five days. So then we decided to go north towards Waverly, Iowa, which is were I grew up, and about 100 miles from the "mother plant".

On the way we stopped at some great parks and had a wonderful time until the South Dakota/Nebraska borders. It started to sleet on the 24th of September and 33 degrees. That was when the fun stopped! The next 25 days did not go as planned, and it included huge delays in northern California because of wildfires.

Our motor home has performed perfectly over the last 2 years, but like most of us needed so improvements. That brought me here.
MrMarog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:42 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Howdy and welcome! Sounds like you have had some memorable Adventures in RVing already. I have to say, your avatar is adorable; love the co-pilot.

We were at DeMontrond a few weeks ago, looking to trade for a Sprinter chassis but when we heard the trade-in numbers we decided that wasn't going to happen.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote