Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2017, 07:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New to Winnebago motorhomes

Thanks for allowing me to join. My fiancé and I are considering an upgrade from our Majestic 25ft class C to a new Winnebago Sunstar LX27N we looked at in Spokane Camping World. Was hoping to find some information about the pros/cons of this particular MH. Thanks for the welcome.
Duckbill59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I’ll post this as a “for what it’s worth” concerning Winnebago quality in general so please bear with me. Thirty plus years of RVing with TTs and 5ers, this is our first motorhome.

Some background. We purchased a brand new Voltage toy hauler in October of 2014 right before I retired, and the following two and a half years were literally nonstop living hell. Keystone refused to perform legitimate warranty work in the first year and stonewalled everything hoping we would just go away. I had to pour piles of money into this thing for repair/rebuilds each and every time we used it, major failures and it was literally falling apart in the driveway.

We finally had enough and traded it and the truck for our Sunstar 32YE at the Hershey RV show this past September. We took three trips with it so far putting on only 3K miles, however;

To date here is the list of things that need fixed.
1. Nothing

This is brand new RV number 8 for us and the first one that didn’t need any service whatsoever in the first couple months of ownership. I hope this trend continues. We couldn’t be happier.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the response! I can speak honestly that just like new car technology, the concerns of this MH having slides, leveling systems, and complicated electrical/electronic systems make me worry whether new or not. And I know that two identical RV's can be completely different compared to each other. But it certainly is assuring to read a post like yours with hopes that our new one will be problem free like yours! Thanks again!
Duckbill59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, winnebago