Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2018, 11:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up New to Rving

Hello all. I'm 70 years old and married. I retired just over 3 1/2 years ago. We moved to Eureka California from Tacoma Washington to be near our daughter and granddaughter. After 3 years of just doing nothing much and being bored out of my minds because everyone worked except us. And we were always alone. We hardly saw them or anyone else. I bought a 2009 Winnebago Outlook 29b Class C with 19,000 miles on it. The first thing we did is sell everything we owned or gave it to family. Then we hit the road to Moab Utah. I always saw it in magazines and thought it was awesome. Off we went to see the world. It's been 6 months and we love the life style of traveling. We drove everywhere we could in Utah. And will return someday. Then because it was getting near winter we headed south to Arizona. We stopped in Lake Havasu for a month, expensive. Quartzsite for one night just to say we were there. And the last two and a half months in Yuma Arizona. We found a RV lot for rent for $10.00 a night in Yuma Fortuna Foothills. It's a huge lot with a laundry room that's just ours alone. And the weather was awesome all winter, we will definitely return here every winter from now on. In one week we will go into New Mexico and see Carlsbad and Roswell. In March we will head back to Eureka to revisit family and our doctors. Then north to Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming and who knows from there. Traveling is what retirement was made for. Setting at home and growing old is not good or fun. Our Winnebago is awesome and just our size. The only thing I dont like is washing it. It just took me four days to make it beautiful again. But it kept me out of the house and mom got the inside perfect again. We are ready to travel again.
RonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Wow, sounds like you are off to a great start on your adventure! Welcome to the forum and I look forward to hearing more about your travels!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you

I was really looking forward to finding this forum. But unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get around on it. It is extremely hard just to answer this. Hahahaha old age can make things difficult sometimes. But I will keep trying for awhile before I give up. Who know I might figure it out with time.
RonE is offline   Reply With Quote