Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-07-2018, 07:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Owner 94 Brave RQ29

Hello to all,
I'm a 58 year old jumping into this RV world for the first time! I bought a 1994 Winnebago Brave RQ29 with 27000+ miles with the P30 454ci. It belonged to a older couple who bought it new. I have repaired several thing on it so far and still have problems to work on. I hope by being here I can et a lot of help and advice!! I got the engine running replaced all the belts, both exhaust manifolds and used new GM bolts and GM SS gaskets, new AC condenser fan motor, new air filter, fresh oiland filter change. Also repaired the roof AC it needed a new fan Motor. I also replaced the awning on it. Things that still need attention are dash AC not blowing cold no power to pressure switch. but I have checked the compressor clutch with power probe. Also the Onan Emerald Plus 4000 4BGEFAR26100K generator will not start. It turns over but no spark and gas problems. I was thinking on removing it and doing the repairs then since it is so tight in the compartment. I really need advice on this for sure!!! So that about it so far. It does run and drive very well and can't wait to get everything done. Also I need to replace the 2 house batteries I guess they are called? There are 2 Interstate Workaholic 31-MHD CCA 950 RC 195 in it now but are very old. Are these good batteries or can anyone advise me on what I should replace them with?
Thanks and I look forward to getting to know as many of you as possible and learning all I can!
Whitlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:49 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hello and welcome. Sounds like you have gotten a lot done on your new-to-you RV. I suggest that you post questions in the appropriate areas of the forum since not everyone reads the introduction posts.

For instance, post your battery questions under the Electrical section for more visibility... Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics - Winnebago Owners Online Community . That way, more people will see your questions to help you. Good luck, and we're glad you signed up.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Welcome Whitlow and congrats on the new to you RV. I also just bought one, a 94 Winnebago Adventurer RQ39, same motor as you have. Mine has sat for the last 2 years but runs like a charm, even with the 2 year old gas. Fortunately my generator runs well. I have a power steering, brake problem and possibly alternator not charging but other than that its good. I just got done ripping out ALL carpet and replaced it with laminate flooring. Trying to make a run 4 hours south to a beach last weekend in July. Keep us posted on your progress. I'll help all I can..lol
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

It would be interesting to see project threads on these vintage units. Hope you both will share your progress.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brave