Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
Micro Minnie Owner

New Micro Minnie owners as of yesterday

Hi!
My husband and I just picked up our new MM yesterday and camped last night on the way home. We're brand new to the whole thing...I recall sleeping in a camper once when I was in my 20s. We've been backpacking and tent camping for years. But we decided that life is short and because we both work from home, we want to be able to work from anywhere. After exploring a few different models and watching a hundred YouTube videos, we felt the MM would give us the best bang for our buck when it comes to livability for a few weeks at a time, and being able to work from the road. We're excited about boondocking and Harvest Hosts, and the solar panels and generator that we don't have yet, and trying not to embarrass ourselves when we make mistakes and people are watching. That said, my husband rocked it last night and backed into our campsite on the first try. If you've read this far (I must be excited -- this is a lot of verbiage for me) and you have tips or suggestions -- especially in the areas of internet access in remote locations (we often need to upload/download 100Mb+ files) -- please share! We're looking forward to future events where we can meet some other MM owners in person. Happy Trails to you!
CheriG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:01 PM   #2
KMG
Winnebago Camper

Welcome! What model Micro Minnie did you choose? Remember, everyone watching was a newbie once. Relax, take your time, and enjoy.
KMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
Micro Minnie Owner

We bought a 2108DS. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:32 AM   #4
KMG
Winnebago Camper

You're welcome. What color did you choose? We bought a white Micro Minnie 2405 RL 5th wheel. We've taken one two week long trip and everything worked perfect. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2281.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	404.1 KB
ID:	171444  
Old 04-23-2019, 04:51 PM   #5
Micro Minnie Owner

Oh yours looks great! Matches your truck nicely. Ours is red. We're taking it out on Thursday for 3 nights...we've only camped in it one night so far. Two weeks would be wonderful!

Name:	MM.png
Views:	155
Size:	731.9 KB
ID:	171453
Old 04-24-2019, 07:18 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

CheriG

You have a wonderful little campground in Apple Valley. I don't recall its name, but it was part of either a city or state park. We had the pleasure of staying there several years ago.

Congrats on your new unit. Happy trails.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:07 PM   #7
Micro Minnie Owner

That's Lebanon Hills, part of Dakota County -- it's about 1 mile from where we live. It's in a great area!

Thank you for the kind words! Happy trails to you too.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:19 PM   #8
Micro Minnie 2106DS Owner

Congrats! We get ours this Tuesday! Can’t wait! We are buying a red 2016 2106DS.
Wendyswinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 06:47 AM   #9
Micro Minnie Owner

Congrats to you too! The red is SO fun. Have a great summer with it!
Old 04-29-2019, 06:58 AM   #10
KMG
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriG View Post
Oh yours looks great! Matches your truck nicely. Ours is red. We're taking it out on Thursday for 3 nights...we've only camped in it one night so far. Two weeks would be wonderful!
Attachment 171453
Red is my favorite of the color choices. Looks like an awesome camp set up. Enjoy. Our last day of employment is May 23rd then we are officially retired. We close on our home in the midwest on June 3rd and are relocating to Washington. We'll be in our 5th wheel all summer looking for our new hometown. Should be a fun adventure. Safe travels!
Old 04-29-2019, 03:24 PM   #11
Micro Minnie Owner

That sounds like a perfect way to transition into retirement. Enjoy! And congratulations.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:54 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations on your new Red Micro Minnie 2108DS. We just bought the Blue one, same model, and love it. We hope to head out next Sunday for 4-5 nights. We're also new to it all, and see..... we are envious you've already backed into a site successfully... you're already leaps and bounds ahead of us.... there's always a newbie! Now we're it, and you're experienced! Enjoy!
ScopeDope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:54 AM   #13
PIC
Winnebago Owner

We opted for a 2017 the 2106FBS last year. Did over 15,000 miles in the first year and getting ready for about 11-12,000 this year. The unit performed exceedingly well and for the 3 months we spent in it we were never uncomfortable or felt limited in space. With it's 7' width it's so easy to tow. It's like it's not even back there. My advice is to spend a few more $$s and get a tow hitch & sway bar stabilizer. We did and it took out all of the swaying and porpoising. We got the one with chains, a Blue Ox I think. Again money well spent. BTW we tow with a 2014 Tundra 5.7 and have only experienced about a 40% mpg from normal
PIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:43 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Congrats on your new home away from home! We have a Minnie Plus 27RLTS 5th wheel. DH liked red but we ended up with the Champagne color. We are also in Minnesota and love going to the State Parks.
19Winnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:55 AM   #15
Micro Minnie Owner

We're still feeling like newbies...there's a lot to learn (like, "is the water pump supposed to make that much noise?"). I almost took a picture of our first time (last Sunday) at a dump station! LOL Have fun with your new toy!
Old 05-01-2019, 04:59 AM   #16
Micro Minnie Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Winnie View Post
Congrats on your new home away from home! We have a Minnie Plus 27RLTS 5th wheel. DH liked red but we ended up with the Champagne color. We are also in Minnesota and love going to the State Parks.
We're lucky to have such great state parks in MN. We were at St. Croix SP near Hinckley for 3 days last weekend. It's not my favorite park because it's so flat, but it's well taken care of and was a good place for us to go for our second time out. Have a fun summer!
Old 05-01-2019, 05:05 AM   #17
Micro Minnie Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIC View Post
We opted for a 2017 the 2106FBS last year. Did over 15,000 miles in the first year and getting ready for about 11-12,000 this year. The unit performed exceedingly well and for the 3 months we spent in it we were never uncomfortable or felt limited in space. With it's 7' width it's so easy to tow. It's like it's not even back there. My advice is to spend a few more $$s and get a tow hitch & sway bar stabilizer. We did and it took out all of the swaying and porpoising. We got the one with chains, a Blue Ox I think. Again money well spent. BTW we tow with a 2014 Tundra 5.7 and have only experienced about a 40% mpg from normal
Wow, 15K is a lot of miles! We did get the sway bar stabilizer and while I haven't driven yet, my husband says it's working beautifully. We're pulling ours with a Toyota 4-runner...I think our MPG has dropped about 25%. We're really happy about the 7' width too. Happy trails!
Old 05-01-2019, 06:47 AM   #18
PIC
Winnebago Owner

Never thought about the 15K miles of driving until we got home. Then looking back I said Wow! We did that. So much to see and enjoy out there. Never a dull moment and so many people to meet. I never think of the miles just the experiences. Now you guys have incentivized me to get a profile pix going. Hope it pops up. At first I was wishy washy on the color but at the price we got we went for it. Funny how many things out there have the same colors. Santa Fe RR my favorite scene in the deserts, Harley Davidson, Balto Orioles, SF Giants, Minute Maid, See my attached play on that one. Hope to have it on the back end before we head out the end of the month
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Patrick Conroy.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	171509  
Old 05-01-2019, 06:57 AM   #19
PIC
Winnebago Owner

Guess I'll have to work on that Profile Picture
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180831_163449 (2).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	500.9 KB
ID:	171510  
Old 05-01-2019, 08:15 AM   #20
Micro Minnie Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIC View Post
Never thought about the 15K miles of driving until we got home. Then looking back I said Wow! We did that. So much to see and enjoy out there. Never a dull moment and so many people to meet. I never think of the miles just the experiences. Now you guys have incentivized me to get a profile pix going. Hope it pops up. At first I was wishy washy on the color but at the price we got we went for it. Funny how many things out there have the same colors. Santa Fe RR my favorite scene in the deserts, Harley Davidson, Balto Orioles, SF Giants, Minute Maid, See my attached play on that one. Hope to have it on the back end before we head out the end of the month
Minnie Maid! haha Love it! We haven't named ours yet but we're working on it. The orange is a FUN color! I see you put the bikes on the front -- how did you do that?