Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

New member..Wanted to start off with something helpful

Hi My name is Ian, and my wife and I live out in the great NW. We own a '99 chieftain gas f53 chassis...Anyhow.I thouhgt I would pass this along to anyone that is interested in the older DHS schematics and what it takes to retrofit your older .3 with the newer .4. (you will see what i mean in the diagrams)

Anyhow..If you need a higher quality picture just let me know.
Take Care
Ian

"As MTSAMP-03 are not available...

Attached are two drawings...one showing the MTSAMP-03 and one showing the MTSAMP-04 and associated pigtails required to install it.

The change would require the MTSAMP-04 amp and the pigtails listed in the drawing...

As well you will likely need to run discreet wiring to 2 of the four cubes, as the current wiring puts the lefts and rights onto just two pair of wires. The MTSAMP-04 will require discreet lines to the four cubes- AND a new run to provide the center channel. Subwoofer outputs are not so concerning..and in some cases you could find one or two used in the coach build. The MTSAMP-04 handles 1 or 2 as well.

Alternatively, the system could be redone entirely. The advantage of the MTS system is that the radio sound and TV sound are controlled and operated through one set of speakers. It will involve a little forethought to not remove functionality to the system. Please advise whomever is concerned to give me a call if there are any questions.

Thanks!

RiverPark Technical Dept.
(800) 442-7717
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MTSAMP-03[1].jpg
Views:	1759
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1845   Click image for larger version

Name:	MTSHN1,2,,5-17[1].jpg
Views:	2194
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1846  

ihbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi Ian. Welcome aboard! Some additional background information would be helpful here in addition to larger diagrams for better legibility. We're not as smart as we look.

By the way, you can download a 1999 brochure for your motorhome from
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/broc...gos-56581.html
Thanks for the information. Looking forward to learning more.

Jack
Jackm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Ian;

Welcome to the forum and the Winnebago Owners Forum. We are glad you joined us. Post often and don't be afraid to ask questions as we have a group of folks here who like to help when they can.

I would like to encourage you to go up to the New Member Check In and introduce yourself so more of our members will get to know you. I am sure you will receive more response there also. Once again, welcome aboard.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Updated:

I saved them as pdf files since the other formats have a limit of 620x620. Pretty hard to read schematics at that resolution!

Issue: The amp by DHS had blown not allowing for surround sound and to work via the processor. DHS does not make that model that I can plug and play back into the system and a newer models wiring would have to change from the amplifier to the speakers as well as the TV stereo input.

Resolution#1: Please look at the original post I put up. Basically in a nut shell amp is not available (being that it is an older unsupported model) and I would have to re-wire the inputs and outputs from the amplifier.

Take Care
Ian
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MTSAMP-03[1].pdf (63.9 KB, 702 views)
File Type: pdf MTSHN1,2,,5-17[1].pdf (87.0 KB, 635 views)
ihbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Hey,
I have an Itasca Suncruiser 2003 33'. I had a similar issue with upgrading my tube TV to a flat screen. No easy way to use the DHS MTS w/ Q-Surround as my TV audio output. I also spent a lot of time researching and futzing around with tracing cable, wires and even finding the darn DHS MTS.
I got to the point where the headphone 3.5 mm port on the back of the TV was my last resort. Previously I had bought a car audio cassette tape adapter that provided a 3.5 mm jack for my iphone for music (I still have the original magnadyne radio hence to aux conn.). I turned on the radio, inserted the cassette, connected the 3.5mm connector into the headphone port on the back of the TV, went to TV audio settings and chose headphone and darned if it didn't work. You may also have to fiddle with the Speaker Source Selector (TV or radio) or comparable switch.
Hero for a day to the woman.
Tahiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:59 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I still have my old tube type TV but my sub woofers have stopped working on TV or radio, also my cube speakers work intermittently and sometimes they have static in them and then they don't. I an thinking this is the amp. for the surround sound that is not working properly. I see that mine is by the passenger side front seat mounted to the fire wall.
Just wondering if you think that this is the trouble with my system?
I have looked for wiring prints but no luck it trying to diagnosis the problem.
We can't get the old girl to Rock N Roll like she used to.
First time I saw a post and picture of the amp.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:19 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I have had the same problem. I am certainly no expert but I am leaning towards bad connections somewhere. Using the cassette tape adapter can't be the best connection. Still experimenting.
Tahiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:36 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

My MTSAMP-04 died. I have the troubleshooting guide, the unit gets power, the source selector switch works. But man, it is impossible to get voltage readings from all plugs with the the thing installed as it is in my 03 Adventurer 35U. The six way molex has wires that are so short!!

So, I guess I'll see if I can get a replacement. Are these things still being sold? If so, does anyone have an idea of cost?

Scott
Old 10-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Just got a call back from Riverpark, the MTSAMP-04's are available. $140.00 plus shipping. Now, I have a question to ask myself... is it worth getting a home surround system and rewiring? Hmm. Good info on the pinouts here. Thanks for posting it Ian and thanks for the pdf's, too.

Scott