Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2018, 10:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New member, new Winnie owner...

Hello everyone,

Didn’t walk out the door this morning expecting to buy a Winnebago, but ended up signing for a 2019 Micro Minnie 1700BH. I thought we wanted a R-Pod, but the family fell in love with the Micro Minnie. Half-hour later I had an offer I couldn’t refuse...

We are not new to the RV world. Started with a Coleman tent trailer about 12 years ago. Eventually upgraded to an Arctic Fox TT, but exited out of the hobby about 5 years ago when the kids got too busy with sports. We love to go camping a few times a year and decided last week we are done with sleeping on the ground and midnight hikes to a pit toilet. The rest is history.

Anyway, that’s my story. We take delivery Wednesday morning and will use it Thursday and Friday night. Looking forward to learning from you all and hopefully contributing to the knowledge base as well.
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the wonderful world of Winnebago!!!
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Funny how that "I wasn't planning to..." seems to work out. Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new rig.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hi Donut,

I’m in the market for a 1700BH as well. Would you mind sharing how your costs break down? I’m in California, which has among the highest destination charges. Just wanted to gain a data point.

Also, what’s your tow vehicle? I drive a ‘16 Honda Pilot Touring with ATF cooler. I’m looking at the Tekonsha P3 brake controller and Anderson weight distribution hitch.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.
cochbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I don’t have my sales info handy. Think I paid about 25% under MSRP and that includes $1,000 in accessories. Not sure if that’s good or bad, but I was happy.

I’m towing it with a 2016 F-150 with the Ecoboost motor and Max tow package. No WDH and just a basic friction sway control bar. The truck hauls the trailer no problem. Did 70+mph all thru Utah last week up long grades in 100 degree temps. Have a bit of sway I’d like to lock down, but I’m still experimenting with it. Sorry I can’t help you with the Pilot. It feels like too much trailer for a smaller SUV. Not from a weight perspective, but overall size. Too much tail to wag the dog. Never used an Anderson hitch, but that might do the trick. Good luck
Old 07-28-2018, 10:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks so much Donut! That's useful data points. Could you elaborate on the $1000 of accessories? I'm negotiating for propane tanks, hoses, adaptors, and battery (doesn't add up to $1000, though).

Point taken for tail wagging the dog. Here in Socal it's pretty flat, so prolonged steep climbs/descents shouldn't be an issue for my Pilot.

Thanks again!
Old 07-29-2018, 07:39 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Dual 6V batteries, bike rack, fantastic fan (including install) and the sway control bar. I think that’s all of it. Mine also has dual 20lb propane tanks, but I thought those were standard. Maybe the dealer included them.

Good luck!
Old 07-29-2018, 09:00 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks again! I’m heading to the dealership today... if all goes well, I’ll be signing some paperwork.

Tags