Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2018, 08:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New Member from NC

Greetings everyone, I had been a previous owner of a new 2001 30 foot camper with a slide in. My gosh was that camper heavy and the slide out must have weighed a ton by itself. I kept it for two years and decided to go back to tent camping.
So, a number of years passed and my late wife and I continued to enjoy our tent camping trips in our home state of North Carolina and occasional trips into other parts of America, Baja and Canada.
Sadly, my wife passed away in 2007 and I pretty much stopped any kind of camping until 2016, the year when I retired.
So, in 2016, I decided to take an extended road trip with my wonderful Jack Russell Terrier. So we left North Carolina on March 10, 2016 for what turned into a five month, 20,000 mile road trip. Last year, we left on April 15th and ended up traveling over 22,000 miles, mostly west of the Mississippi and not returning home until the last week of September.
So this year I decided to purchase some line of ultra light camper. After months of research, I decided to purchase a 2019 Winnebago Micro Minnie 21FSB travel trailer this past May. I also had a 400W solar system installed on the unit.
Now here I am joining this Winnebago group of campers as well as other forums regarding RV camping and other similar interest, such as photography.
I have no doubt that I will have lots questions to ask, especially regarding solar power and off the grid camping.
crg502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:12 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Howdy and welcome! We're glad you signed up.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote