Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Navion Stabilizers & Dual Pane Acrylic Windows

I'm considering ordering a 2018 Navion 24J and would appreciate feedback on the effectiveness of the stabilizing jacks and the dual pane acrylic windows.
I travel mainly by myself with my best bud Scooter, a 30 lb. cocker spaniel.

Having spent a fair amount of time in several Navion/Views at the local dealers, I didn't notice lurching of the coach as I walked around. Was thinking to skip the stabilizers and think more about an after market leveling system.

None of the coaches I've seen had the dual pane acrylic windows so while I can guess at their value I have no real world experience.

Any feedback that's available is appreciated!

Wayne

PS: How is the Norcold compressor refrigerator performing for those who have one?
Old 11-27-2017, 10:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

IMO jacks are a must for leveling the rig - otherwise you're fiddling around with blocks and driving it up on them. My opinion is that if you want them have the factory install them - it has to be a cleaner setup than something added on after the unit is built.

Winnebago has had double-pane thermo-windows for years - ours has them. They are glass however, are you sure they are acrylic in the Navion?

They do cut down on sound transmission and are more thermally insulating, so if you'll experience extreme cold or heat they're well worth it.

I dunno, I'd keep the Tiffin. LOL [shrug] 32gl of water wouldn't work for us.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window