Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-04-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Modify the 2017 View

I am new to the Winnie world but not to RV'en. Down sized from a 37' super C Supernova. I did like that rig but the other half would not drive it. Looked at may new units and ended up with a new View. That is when then work started. I have done the truck camper thing, 5th wheels, class A's and super C's of which I have learned a lot from each unit. Here is a summary of what I have done to the new View: Added 300 watts of solar, added a Trik-L-start, Hellwig rear stablizer, and changed the bump stops on the front and rear to the Sumosprings. What a world of difference. Now ready to hit the road. I miss the hydraulic jacks I have had in other rigs but them may be in the future after some miles.
Happy and safe travels....
Tucsontoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:01 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucsontoy View Post
I am new to the Winnie world but not to RV'en. Down sized from a 37' super C Supernova. I did like that rig but the other half would not drive it. Looked at may new units and ended up with a new View. That is when then work started. I have done the truck camper thing, 5th wheels, class A's and super C's of which I have learned a lot from each unit. Here is a summary of what I have done to the new View: Added 300 watts of solar, added a Trik-L-start, Hellwig rear stablizer, and changed the bump stops on the front and rear to the Sumosprings. What a world of difference. Now ready to hit the road. I miss the hydraulic jacks I have had in other rigs but them may be in the future after some miles.
Happy and safe travels....
I think you'll like that a lot! Those are some very nice modifications. That's a very nice sized unit that allows a lot of flexibility in choosing camping spots.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Camped in the new View one night and the other half wants more upgrades. Added a Winegard sat on the roof and a new Smart TV in back, All the power demands requieed new batteries. Switched the little NAPA things out for two Trojan 1275 deep cycle at 150 ah each. Maybe, now she will be happy.
Tucsontoy is offline   Reply With Quote