Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Leveler jack control panel has no power.

We recently had a new stereo installed on the dash by car toys and noticed the leveler jack control panel now has no power. Not sure if this is related. We have checked fuses and everything looks good. Could I be missing something else.
Thanks
Rutt7720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:44 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I would check with them on maybe they took a wire off while installing and missed replacing it when they hooked up radio. Sometimes they tape into conector that has power and disrupt the conectors other wires, just a thought.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

if they disconnected the battery you will have to do a reset remove panel and disconnect the connecters reconnect and you should be good when the battery is disconnected you have to re set the leveling system
Gordiegaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordiegaffer View Post
if they disconnected the battery you will have to do a reset remove panel and disconnect the connecters reconnect and you should be good when the battery is disconnected you have to re set the leveling system
This may be a case of one specific type controller as those I have used do not require reset. Many of us do use battery cutoffs to keep from draining the battery while stored.
I would likely go back to the install folks as there are taps for wiring which may cut the wire if not done right. The levelers would quite likely not be checked when they finished the install. Might be related or might not as things do have a way of failing in such a way that it seems related but actually just an odd timing thing.
Alternate would be to pull the controller and actually check that it is not getting power to the unit.
As a double check to avoid embarrassment, perhaps a double check that key is on and brake set, etc. to assure we are not missing something really simple.
I've messed up simple things like that!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel, power