Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-31-2018, 01:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Just Purchased a Towable Minnie 2500 FL

We're new to this group and camping somewhat. (I showed horses for years, and we camped at showgrounds in a truck camper.)

My hubs and I have recently retired. We have lot of retired friends who camp. Since hubs is a disabled veteran, we can stay at Wash. State Parks for free, so we bought a used trailer from a local RV dealer in April. It only took one 7-day camping trip to realize we'd bought the wrong trailer. I'm extremely claustrophobic, and I couldn't sleep in the bedroom because of the deep cabinets on the top and sides of the bed. Add to that, we're in the Seattle area, so it can rain suddenly, and with only one uncomfortable, U-shaped couch for seating, lounging inside on a rainy day was unpleasant at best. We were boaters previously, and you usually buy a few before you get the one you really want. I'm guessing RVing is the same way.

After debating whether we wanted to continue RVing or not, we decided we did and traded the trailer in on a new Winnebago Minnie Towable 2500 FL. We pick it up on Monday after a 2-hour class with the dealer.

Anyone have any tips/tricks/issues on this particular trailer (of line of trailers) that we should be aware of?
Dlady47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:34 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Howdy and welcome. Congrats on your retirement and the new RV! Hope you have many happy adventures, and be sure to post pictures when you get the new TT.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Wow! I could have written this post. This week we are visiting our salesperson to deal on a 2500rl. We have enjoyed our short time with a 2108ds but it is a little too cozy for our needs. A true walk around bed and two recliners make this particular 2500rl very appealing to us. The main disadvantage of the larger interior space is that it comes with a larger exterior!
Donstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:55 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We feel relatively confident this trailer will serve our needs for years to come. We already have a beefed-up 3/4-ton Chevy with a Duramax diesel engine from my horse-showing days so size was never a consideration for us, but we wanted something small enough to get into most RV parks though. I'm guessing our truck won't even realize it's pulling a load. LOL

We looked at a lot of trailers, both online and in person. None of them had the quality or the floor plan that appealed to us but this one. Add to that, the back bedroom with lots of head space doesn't make me claustrophobic.
Dlady47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:41 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

The one we have in mind has the rear living with the optional twin recliners facing the TV (just like home!) We only have a GMC 1/2 ton with a V6 but the trailer is within the trucks payload and towing specifications. Our current 2108DS is an easy tow and a great little camper but we hope to travel for weeks at a time.
Donstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase, tow