Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Jumping in with both feet!

Hello, Aaron here, and I now own a Winnebago.

It all started about a week ago when looked at an older Born Free, great layout but it needed way too much work. Then I started looking at class A's on Craigslist as I'd read that may be the better way to go, similar mileage, and a lot more storage. Now less than a week later we're the owners of a 1999 32' Adventurer! So much for starting out small... I'd rather have a trailer, but with a toddler, and a baby on the way, the motorhome makes more sense for now.

And so the adventure begins!

Celeriac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:02 PM   #2
Site Team

Aaron, great looking rig! Congrats for jumping in with both feet and welcome to the forum! I think you made a great decision getting a class A. We’ve only had class A motorhome, too, and wouldn’t have it any other way. Take care!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

A motor home is a good choice with your young family. The rig was old enough to be less of an investment to find out if this is the life for you.

Read as much as possible on RV systems. We also found the people in the WIT club were helpful, plus it is fun camping with other Winnebago people. You can register your Winnebago by calling Winnebago.

Mike and Leslie
Leslie Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all for the kind welcome.

It has been educational so far as we've found a few issues that were unknown to us when we purchased. Some are minor, others are more serious. But I'm sure you can run into the same issues with a newer and more expensive rig.

Right now the focus is to get things in order for our August vacation. We're going to a local campground for a trial run later this month. It will be much less stressful trying things out close to home.
Celeriac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Please, remember, the folks on this forum have seen and fixed nearly anything that can go wrong on any class, size, brand, model, and year of RV, whether you pull it or ride in it. When we first bought our new to us 2000 32' Itasca Suncruiser, we were very fortunate in converting it from a potential death trap into a fun experience every time we travel. And each time when we return we have more to do to prepare for the next trip.

BTW, a piece of advice if I may that took me a while to discover, but then I'm probably not as savvy as others on this esteemed forum, you guys may want to learn the most important initials you'll see on this forum - DW. That is "Dear Wife". Although she often slips and says "Dim Wit". Don't say anything but I have her listed on my phone as "SWMBO".

One other thing to mention, please go to the Signature drop down under USER CP and provide some basic information about your rig so responders have a good starting point for providing suggestions and solutions to your questions. It'll save you a lot of reading
unrelated responses requiring you to reply with further descriptions about your RV's situations and symptoms.

Enjoy your adventures, don't get discouraged, be safe, and most importantly HAVE FUN!

Butch and Peggy