Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

So I got my ship date and VIN number today! Finally. The ship date is 2/12. It will be shipped to my dealer in Los Angeles.

Anyone know how long it takes to get to Los Angels?

How about the Dealer PDI? How long doest that take.

I am just trying to figure this all out because I have to coordinate a bunch of things around this and even having ball park time frames helps a lot.

Thanks for the help.
ClrCrkRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

I believe our coach ahd almost 1700 miles when delivered to LA. One suggestion, since your delivery is in winter, as soon as it hits the dealer call and have them pressure wash the chassis to clean off any road salt. I've seen pictures on this forum of rust issues and the owner tracked the route through snow country where salt was used on the roads. Once you get it home pressure wash yourself, because you'll never know if the dealer will truly washed it for you. Congratulations and enjoy the new motorhome.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:01 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I placed my order on December 13 and received the VIN and other information (except delivery date) about 2 weeks later. I guess I should call the factory since my dealer is saying we are good to go for an early February delivery... but I really MUST have it by February 21 or very close since I've already reserved and paid for a vacation at Disney and a couple other campgrounds in Florida starting in late February.
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:45 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary CA:
I believe our coach ahd almost 1700 miles when delivered to LA. One suggestion, since your delivery is in winter, as soon as it hits the dealer call and have them pressure wash the chassis to clean off any road salt. I've seen pictures on this forum of rust issues and the owner tracked the route through snow country where salt was used on the roads. Once you get it home pressure wash yourself, because you'll never know if the dealer will truly washed it for you. Congratulations and enjoy the new motorhome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very good advice
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:02 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Just as an update to my January 26 post... our coach was delivered February 8th. We'll return to the U.S. to pick it up on time!!! Seven weeks from order to delivery.
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote