Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2019, 01:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello! New 2019 Forza 38W Owner

Not new to camping, but new to the Winnebago world. Have been camping since youth, moving from tents, to pop-ups, to travel trailers, fifth wheels, and toy haulers. Finally decided we'd take the plunge on a motor home to prepare for retirement.

We're empty nester's now, but we have our "Camping Cat" Callie which is always good for a laugh on our adventures....

As far as the Forza, all I have added to it is a steering stabilizer, which has greatly increased it's handling. Something I think should be standard.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Congrats on you new Winnebago and welcome to the forum!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:47 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by setaylor216 View Post
Not new to camping, but new to the Winnebago world. Have been camping since youth, moving from tents, to pop-ups, to travel trailers, fifth wheels, and toy haulers. Finally decided we'd take the plunge on a motor home to prepare for retirement.

We're empty nester's now, but we have our "Camping Cat" Callie which is always good for a laugh on our adventures....

As far as the Forza, all I have added to it is a steering stabilizer, which has greatly increased it's handling. Something I think should be standard.
Hi Like you I've made the transition over the years from tents all the way to Class A's. I've retired recently and we just upgraded our 2018 Georgetown 31L5 Class A to a 2018 Winnebago Forza 38W as well. We actually are picking it up this coming Thursday. Can you tell me the steering stabilizer you put on it. Did you do the work yourself or have it installed? Also do you have Maxxair vent covers or any other brand over you vents in the MH?
1237dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:56 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1237dmctlc View Post
Hi Like you I've made the transition over the years from tents all the way to Class A's. I've retired recently and we just upgraded our 2018 Georgetown 31L5 Class A to a 2018 Winnebago Forza 38W as well. We actually are picking it up this coming Thursday. Can you tell me the steering stabilizer you put on it. Did you do the work yourself or have it installed? Also do you have Maxxair vent covers or any other brand over you vents in the MH?
There are two big name steering stabilizers I am aware of. The Roadmaster Reflex Safety Steer, and the Safe-T-Plus. One has an external spring, and the other is a sealed unit.

Installation is similar for both and could be done yourself. I was able to install mine without lifting the front end, but it is easier if you create yourself some space to work. Get a good torque wrench with a long bar and the correct sockets before you start. There are numerous installation videos on YouTube for either.
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I installed the Roadmaster myself. Run up on boards and plenty of room. Also installed the Maxxair covers.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:

Hi there I have the same history as you and recently traded in my passer for a 2018 forza 38w which I'll assume is not much different than your 2019. Can I ask what steering stabilizer you installed? And how was the installation process? I did a lot of improvements on my passer but to me, it was easier bc it was higher off the ground. How did you get the room underneath the coach to do the install and any helpful hints I'd appreciate it greatly. Also I'm wondering do you have a air manifold that has a quick disconnect or the ability to install one to have air available if needed ? I have an air manifold in the front above the generator but not sure if I can modify it to provide that capability? Sorry but I have one more question being new to the diesel world and Forza's were there other mods you were contemplating? Thanks again
Old 07-02-2020, 06:43 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I installed the Roadmaster stabilizer myself.

Drive the front on end up 2 x 8 boards 2 high and there is plenty of room to get under it.

Took me longer to get it on the boards than it did to install. Make sure you have a long ratchet wrench.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:59 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I installed the Roadmaster stabilizer myself.

Drive the front on end up 2 x 8 boards 2 high and there is plenty of room to get under it.

Took me longer to get it on the boards than it did to install. Make sure you have a long ratchet wrench.
So I've been looking for the correct Roadmaster Part number for my 2018 but can't seem to find it on etrailer or any other site. So today I called Roadmaster Tow after seeing you got one for a 2019 and guess what they said they didn't have one for 2018 and later but gave me Roadmaster Suspension who referred me back to them. So now I'm confused. Could you provide the part numbers for the Steering stabilizer and the brackets since I have to assume with the same XCS Freightliner chassis it should be the same. Btw been trying to get one since I bought the rig several months ago. Thanks again.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:27 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I got it through Amazon in June 2019. I ordered the Roadmaster RSSA Reflex Stabilizer Unit, and the bracket RBK18 bracket kit.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:41 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I just looked on Roadmaster's site and it appears they no longer carry it.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:24 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Follow up on the Forza 38W

Hi again seems Etrailer was able to help and identified them as RM-RBK18-RSSA so I'm going to order them and take your advice on raising the Frt. end up a bit to get under it to install it hopefully before I head out later this month.
I've been trying to find several other questions pertaining to this Model not sure if you or someone else reading it might help, I'm attaching pictures, hopefully! First Pic is of an air manifold mounted on a bracket above the Generator in the front of the rig. Being new to diesel and air systems, to me this looks like an air manifold and was wondering if I could set it up with a quick disconnect and use it to top of tires or even run air tools. If so should I put an air regulator there as well? and what could I expect for pressure? and lastly should the Diesel be running when using it? Lastly is there someplace else on the MH that already has this that I can't find?
Second Pic, hopefully I've attached them correctly. Is a bracket one to the right of the rear bath and I have another on the left wall to the kitchen sink. I've seen them before but can't seem to remember what they are for.
Thanks to you or anyone that can help me out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 Forza 38W Air Manifold R1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	174131   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 Forza 38W unknown bracket R!.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	174132  

Old 07-02-2020, 02:33 PM   #12
Site Team

The 2nd photo is easy. It's your RV's Temp sensor for the HVAC system. You should have two of them.