Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2018, 11:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello all!

I'm looking to purchase my first TT for my wife, baby and myself. Purely based on research, we are very interested in the Micro 2100BH. Hi have not looked at any of the Micros in person but plan to do so soon. We will be towing with a 2016 Honda Pilot, loaded we will be pulling around 80 to 85% tow capacity. I'm brand new to Towing and TT's and have found it slightly overwhelming at times because I had no idea just how much there is to consider and to be aware of. Hours of research and talking to friens experienced in this area have gotten me to a point where I'm at getting very serious about making the purchase. Of course I still have many questions like, how will my tow vehicle perform pulling so much weight, how much will my cargo wait actually be, what are the best WDH's, where can I actually buy my TT, can I find this floor plan used, and many more. My biggest question is what do people actually pay for their Micros??? I'm not a sticker price kind of guy and would like to go prepared to a dealer understanding what is actually a good deal. I live in a mountain community about 2 hours away from Los Angeles.

I'm looking forward to connecting with you all as I explore this new chapter in my family's lives.
Filshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Howdy and welcome. Sounds like an adventure for your family is about to happen. You are very smart to do your homework around towing; it seems complicated but you must know the limits of your tow vehicle and stay within them. I urge you to check out the towing section on the iRV2 Forums for a lot of excellent advice if you have not already done so. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f45/

As far as the deal, generally speaking RVs are discounted in the 15%-25% range, with the lower-end priced vehicles having the smallest amount of "negotiation room." I have not purchased a TT so not sure what kind of discount to expect. Good luck to you.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply. I just ordered my TT and should get it by the end of May, super excited!! I will absolutely be staying within all recommended specs for towing and thank you for reiterating that because it seems that many people are willing to make some scary decisions in this area. I'll check out the iRV2 forum. We ended up paying about 25% less than MSRP for our TT which is inline with your comment. We purchased new. Thanks again and take care.
Filshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filshere View Post
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply. I just ordered my TT and should get it by the end of May, super excited!! I will absolutely be staying within all recommended specs for towing and thank you for reiterating that because it seems that many people are willing to make some scary decisions in this area. I'll check out the iRV2 forum. We ended up paying about 25% less than MSRP for our TT which is inline with your comment. We purchased new. Thanks again and take care.
How exciting!! I hope you will post some pics of the new rig when you get it. Lots of fun times ahead for you, congrats.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Filshere, Sarah is right on the towing issue.....Read as many articles as you can on towing a TT...important issues are the tow vehicles capability, tounge weight, monitoring tire pressures on the TT and so on. It is important to have your unit - tow vehicle and TT weighed. Another thing, this will probably be just your first RV. started towing TT's in 2011 and have had two TT's since then. If you enjoy the RV'ing lifestyle the chances are good you will own several gradually moving up in size. My first was 24 ft with just me the wifee and 2 cocker spaniels we found it to small after 6 weeks in the Grand Canyon so move up to a 30ft rear living in 2013. In March of this year I decided I was now to old and to lazy to be towing and so bought the MH, a 32ft Minnie Winnie 31K.
legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:52 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Based upon, done that and have the tee shirt: Practice a few turns in an empty parking lot where you can see where the trailers tires track. It is common to hit the curb on those right hand turns until you realize that the trailer will be several feet over from the tow vehicle. Nothing worse that changing a tire in the rain on a trailer 10 miles from home on the first trip. Practice makes perfect.
Welcome to the group.
Tucsontoy is offline   Reply With Quote