Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

COLOR:PURPLE]Hello everyone. We just picked up our new 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J and are sooo excited. The folks over at rvnet sent us this way. There are soooo many posts to read I don't know where to start !! We are fairly new campers...had a 5th wheel for a little while and I camped in a pop up often as a kid. We are looking forward to sharing those experiences with our kids. [/COLOR]

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

COLOR:PURPLE]Hello everyone. We just picked up our new 2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J and are sooo excited. The folks over at rvnet sent us this way. There are soooo many posts to read I don't know where to start !! We are fairly new campers...had a 5th wheel for a little while and I camped in a pop up often as a kid. We are looking forward to sharing those experiences with our kids. [/COLOR]

Old 01-29-2007, 07:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Well...obviously I have forgotten how to post on this site. I messed up my color AND didn't spell check. Sorry </span>

Old 01-29-2007, 07:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Welcome, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Winne! I believe I sent you this way and glad you found us. You will certainly find lot's of help on this forum from some great folks.

My first suggestion (and I am sure others will follow from other good folks):

...load your rig for travel, fill the gas tank, fill the freshwater tank, put the family inside and head for some certified scales. Weigh the rig (individual wheel position weights are preferrable). Get the load inflation chart from the manufacturer of your tires (probably either Goodyear or Michelin) and make sure you are properly inflated for the weight you carry. Too low and you run the risk of tire damage and blowouts; too high and you get a harsh ride. Suggest you go to www.rvsaftey.org and download their guide on RV tire safety.

First and foremost, we want you guys to be safe while you have fun .
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:02 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My first suggestion (and I am sure others will follow from other good folks):

...load your rig for travel, fill the gas tank, fill the freshwater tank, put the family inside and head for some certified scales. Weigh the rig (individual wheel position weights are preferrable). Get the load inflation chart from the manufacturer of your tires (probably either Goodyear or Michelin) and make sure you are properly inflated for the weight you carry. Too low and you run the risk of tire damage and blowouts; too high and you get a harsh ride. Suggest you go to www.rvsaftey.org and download their guide on RV tire safety.

First and foremost, we want you guys to be safe while you have fun . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Thank you for the tips. We are going to load it up and then take it in for an alignment as suggested by our dealer. Do they usually check weight and proper tire inflation at that time ??</span>

Old 01-29-2007, 08:10 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Certainly good idea to check alignment with coach loaded for travel. However, not sure alignment shop will have scales. If alignment shop is near a truck stop with CAT scales, you can get at least individual axle weights there (for about $8.00). Some folks check with local moving companies since they have scales. In some areas, your local Dept. of Highways or Highway Patrol/State Police can provide individual wheel position weights.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:32 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

How about posting with black text. The purple text is extremely hard to see for me.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

How old are the kids. When mine were smaller, we had them keep a journal of their travels. A few minutes each evening writing down what they had seen or done that day, with some room for pictures and maps to be inserted. Of course that was way before computers, so it should be much easier these days. If they are too young, you should do this with/for them. My "kids" still ask about our travels way back then.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:02 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Shannone - glad you made it over here. Good group of folks and very knowledgeable about the Winnebago line up.

The individual wheel weights is a tough one to find. Ideally you want this but at least getting the axle weight is very helpful. Your dealer may have some suggestions, but seems many are clueless about weighing individual wheel weights.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:50 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Can't get rvsafety.org to work. rvsafety.com does though.
Welcome to the forum. You will have many happy memories with your new coach.
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:53 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

sorry.. this is real strange. http://rvsafety.org/
now works..
journey15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:58 AM   #12

I like the purple text.........
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:46 AM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

For those of you attending the iRV2 National Rally at ABC in Branson,we will have a vendor on site to weigh your rig...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:24 AM   #14
JC2
Winnie-Wise

It was just a misspelling. He had www.rvsaftey.org/ and it should have been www.rvsafety.org/.
Eye duit awl the tyme.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:46 AM   #15
JC2
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
For those of you attending the iRV2 National Rally at ABC in Branson,we will have a vendor on site to weigh your rig... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will a vendor or other knowledgeable person be there to explain the surge protection schematics?? I would prefer to get a portable one before the rally but am in a quandry on which to order preferably from RVUpgrades.
I know, I know, I should have probably started another thread......
Old 01-30-2007, 05:07 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Welcome
I especially liked the way you introduced the new Sightseer to the kids. Hope you enjoy your motorhome as much as we do ours!
RC
Old 01-30-2007, 06:08 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JC2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
For those of you attending the iRV2 National Rally at ABC in Branson,we will have a vendor on site to weigh your rig... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will a vendor or other knowledgeable person be there to explain the surge protection schematics?? I would prefer to get a portable one before the rally but am in a quandry on which to order preferably from RVUpgrades.
I know, I know, I should have probably started another thread...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are many of us who feel surge protection is a must, especially with so many electronic devices in RV's these days. I have the 50amp Surge Guard hardwired in my rig..it was easy to do. It might be a good idea to start a new thread with your specific surge protection questions...there are plenty of experts on the forum who will be happy to help.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:24 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Welcome.

I hope you enjoy your Sightseer. We have the 2005 Sightseer 29R and so far we have had very few problems. I see it sitting is our driveway every day and I just want to get in and go someplace. I plan on retiring on July 31 of this year and we will be spending much more time traveling in our Sightseer.

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:20 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

<span class="ev_code_GREEN">Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm sorry the purple bothered you Tom...hopefully this will be ok. I like to add some color to my posts</span>

Old 01-30-2007, 07:28 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

kids and there colored text.... Ohh BTW almost forgot.... WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omnc954 is offline   Reply With Quote