Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2019, 03:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Greetings to all from the new guy in MI

I am hoping to learn the ropes of rving from members on this site. My wife is not to eager to travel by these means, so please help me make her experience a good one. I have done a lot of research on how to identify camping spots but the big picture is still very cloudy. Please advise.
I'm joining this forum because I recently purchased a used Class C Winnie. I finally retired for the second time so now it's time to travel. I found an older unit at a very reasonable price but it has significant water damage on the roof and one sidewall. That being said, I will be in the process of rebuilding the roof and possibly some side walls over the next few weeks. I am really excited to get started on the refurbishing project and could really use some pointers there if anyone is so moved to provide advice. My goal is to be ready to hit the road by the time the snow flies in MI. Looking to hit the road to visit family and friends around the country as well as experiencing several new places arounds the U.S.

Kind Regards
Scott Carpenter
scarp55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:25 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome The first thing I would do is get the roof watertight and then worry about the inside. There are several companies that do a good job find one near you. The one a friend used comes to your location and has a lifetime guarantee you can find them in the FMCA Mag. Good luck with you project and safe travels.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote